Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What have people been doing for Labor Day weekend? 
    I've just been enjoying having three days off in a row for the first time in years.

I went with a friend of mine to a mall yesterday. We got to see stores where people pay up to a thousand dollars per shirt. Those stores make me giggle. We also played in the apple store while he was getting his phone problems fixed.

Today, I went to the mall again, where my niece talked me into buying her a CD.

Tomorrow, I vow not to go to the mall. I just want to read and watch my youtube language lessons. Yes, that's my idea of fun.

Then, I'll return to work on Tuesday with my new schedule where I arrive and leave half an hour earlier. I asked if I could get something earlier and was told not to push it. lol.

Any plans you've been doing?

I cut down thorn bushes today and burned them, gave the horse a cold shower, gave medicine to a sick kid (goat).
    I just finished making a batch of fresh tortillas and now I'm making homemade tortilla pizzas with fresh homemade Italian goat sausage.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'm on vacation until 9/11, it started last week.

I have already taken one mini vacation, and I have two others planned.

I also have a few day trips planned.

We had some rain and flash flooding that closed a couple main highways this weekend and that put a wrench into my plans. I will have to see what happens.

Normally this time of year I fly to visit Iowa and Illinois, but it's very hot and humid there and cooler here. It's always nice to go back "home" but not if the weather is going to be miserable. When I return home there is never enough time to do everything I want and some are disappointed that I don't drop everything to make my plans around their schedules. It can be exhausting. This vacation will be very relaxing, it already has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I cut down thorn bushes today and burned them, gave the horse a cold shower, gave medicine to a sick kid (goat).
    I just finished making a batch of fresh tortillas and now I'm making homemade tortilla pizzas with fresh homemade Italian goat sausage.
    Have any pictures of the animals lately? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Have any pictures of the animals lately? :)
    I should have taken pictures of the horse today, he was beautiful galloping everywhere.
    all the horses in the nieghborhood were full of piss and vinigar for some reason today.
    Eny came up to the gate around noon and asked to come in so I let him in and hosed him down and gave him some treats, when he got done he galloped back over to the fence and visited his friends somemore. The hot weather doesn't seam to slow him down but he gets drenched with sweat.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We just had some company leave, they came over for dinner and to talk.

Had a nice day!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I went to the grocery store and broke down, forgot my cell phone, had to use the liqueur store guys phone to call my son to jump me. Not a whiny just a stupid PP cruiser. No reason for dead battery. We got home and he checked out alternator and the rest and all was good. Went outside a couple hours later and it started up like a champ, go figure.
    Any way, hotdogs and burgs on the grill tonight and I just finished dry rubbing a brisket to slow smoke cook tomorrow!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I went to the grocery store and broke down, forgot my cell phone, had to use the liqueur store guys phone to call my son to jump me. Not a whiny just a stupid PP cruiser. No reason for dead battery. We got home and he checked out alternator and the rest and all was good. Went outside a couple hours later and it started up like a champ, go figure.
    Any way, hotdogs and burgs on the grill tonight and I just finished dry rubbing a brisket to slow smoke cook tomorrow!
    Are you okay, did you have a car along?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are you okay, did you have a car along?
    I am really getting sick of the PP Cruiser. My son just finished fixing the blown head gasket on the ford Ranger, but go figure it needs a battery!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I am really getting sick of the PP Cruiser. My son just finished fixing the blown head gasket on the ford Ranger, but go figure it needs a battery!
    I can't give transportation advise, I'm constantly working on everything!