Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You shouldn't plow the ass either.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaidiothahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaidiothahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Unless they had a sign that says "We don't serve gay people." then there is no reason to assume that they don't.
    Since when is this a priority? What ever happened to respecting one's religion? After the bakery declined. The couple could have taken the "moral high ground" and said, "OK, we'll take our business elsewhere. I'm quite sure there are other bakeries who want our money". But no, as faggots are inclined to do, they threw a hissy fit and sued.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Since when is this a priority? What ever happened to respecting one's religion? After the bakery declined. The couple could have taken the "moral high ground" and said, "OK, we'll take our business elsewhere. I'm quite sure there are other bakeries who want our money". But no, as faggots are inclined to do, they threw a hissy fit and sued.
    If you are going to discriminate, it should be in writing.
    Most merchants don't use their religion as an excuse to act unprofessionally.
    The couple were women.
    You have no room to call other people names or complain about a lack of respect. You are simply looking for someone you think you can look down upon, but you have made the mistake of telling us too much about yourself and that at least three government agencies consider you to be damaged goods. Have a nice day.

Yep, so glad liberalism is about free thought, eh Lainie? http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...bible-thumping
    Obviously, exceptions should be made for those who have religious convictions against gay marriage. I do hope this can be challenged and won in court.

I have to say I never really thought about how this would impact businesses that much. I only considered the churches (and said they wouldn't be forced to perform ceremonies).

Obviously, people who would be this hateful toward the business owners need to get a grip and consider that their feelings aren't the only ones of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Obviously, exceptions should be made for those who have religious convictions against gay marriage. I do hope this can be challenged and won in court.

I have to say I never really thought about how this would impact businesses that much. I only considered the churches (and said they wouldn't be forced to perform ceremonies).

Obviously, people who would be this hateful toward the business owners need to get a grip and consider that their feelings aren't the only ones of importance.
    Exceptions? It's the norm and example after example has been thrown at you and you are either too thick headed to see it or you are intellectually dishonest. Has to be either, cannot be neither.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

You're just as hateful as the people in the link are.

Seriously, what's the problem with the human race that they can't treat each other with more compassion?

Exceptions? It's the norm and example after example has been thrown at you and you are either too thick headed to see it or you are intellectually dishonest. Has to be either, cannot be neither.
    Considering the fact that you're as hateful as the people you criticize (using the f word), I don't see where you get room to talk about anything.

Unless they had a sign that says "We don't serve gay people." then there is no reason to assume that they don't.
    But they don't object to serving gay people, at least not as customers. They object to making a cake that makes a mockery of marriage. Perhaps a sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse business to anyone" would be appropriate? Then, they could serve individuals who are gay, without being asked to weigh in on their hookups.

If you are going to discriminate, it should be in writing.
    Most merchants don't use their religion as an excuse to act unprofessionally.
    The couple were women.
    You have no room to call other people names or complain about a lack of respect. You are simply looking for someone you think you can look down upon, but you have made the mistake of telling us too much about yourself and that at least three government agencies consider you to be damaged goods. Have a nice day.
    But there is no indication that they acted unprofessionally. In fact, they turned down work that they couldn't do, giving the couple that solicited it time to find another cake maker. If they had turned down the job because they were swamped, would it have been unprofessional? For that matter, would the couple have had grounds to demand to look over their books in order to prove the claim, rather than simply accept it? Would the baker have been unprofessional if he'd taken the job, but done it badly, because he found the ceremony ridiculous?

Here's another question: Would a gay baker be out of line to refuse to cater a wedding in a Catholic church, on the grounds that they discriminate against him?

Would a black baker have to cater a KKK dinner?

Should a Jewish deli owner be obligated to provide catering for a Nazi march?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Ah, but they are the only ones of importance to them. It's the feelings of other people that aren't of importance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    But they don't object to serving gay people, at least not as customers. They object to making a cake
    They make cakes. That's what their customers purchase from them. None of which really matters since the action being taken against them is just as legal as their refusal of service ought to be.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

But there is no indication that they acted unprofessionally.

Sure there is. They turned away pay business to express their own personal prejudices. Tell me that a Realtor who refuses to show property in Chevy Chase to Jews wouldn't be considered unprofessional (these days).