1. #1 Anybody else allergic to wasps? Bad words in this post. 
    The last time was about 3 years ago I got stung by a wasp on my hand, blew up like a balloon and hurt like hell! I avoid them like the plague and usually run screaming like a 9 year old girl! I need my doc to get me an epi pen, because I just seen one today. So my helpful daughter sent me this!
    Bad words coming up.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I actually got stung by one before supper tonight on my right bird finger,burned like hell for an hour bu now it is gone.
    I used to have to keep Benadryl around but for some reason they don't bother me much any more.

I think you need to be more toxic then they are so they don't bite you for very long.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I did major battle last weekend with 2.......I say again 2.....very large yellow jackets underground hives built way too close to the loved ones for comfort. One next to the drive way and one in the corner of the ground at the homes foundation. All summer long I had weed eat and worked in the yard in these areas and not been accosted. I am not allergic enough for epi pen but have met their wrath before and had to go to the emergency room after being nailed more than 20 times.

I ended their reign by pouring 4 gallons of boiling soapy water down a funnel into their living quarters late at night.

It took two nights to get them all but this method is better than pouring gasoline in the yard.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I actually got stung by one before supper tonight on my right bird finger,burned like hell for an hour bu now it is gone.
    I used to have to keep Benadryl around but for some reason they don't bother me much any more.

I think you need to be more toxic then they are so they don't bite you for very long.
    I wish they bit me, its the stinger I hate!

Sonnabend
    Yes, me. Been bitten twice and had hives and swelling. Localised, thank GOD, so I dont need to carry an epipen with me.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I wish they bit me, its the stinger I hate!
    The one tonight was under the lawnmower deck building it's nest, I don't know why it got so pissed at me it was going to die there anyway, i think they were "teen"wasps.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I did major battle last weekend with 2.......I say again 2.....very large yellow jackets underground hives built way too close to the loved ones for comfort. One next to the drive way and one in the corner of the ground at the homes foundation. All summer long I had weed eat and worked in the yard in these areas and not been accosted. I am not allergic enough for epi pen but have met their wrath before and had to go to the emergency room after being nailed more than 20 times.

I ended their reign by pouring 4 gallons of boiling soapy water down a funnel into their living quarters late at night.

It took two nights to get them all but this method is better than pouring gasoline in the yard.

The wasps we got hang out under the eaves of the house in these tiny looking honeycombs. But when they buzz you they look about a foot long and their ass hangs down and ( I actually just shuddered!) they drive around kinda sporadically. Hard to avoid and they are fearless!

Ah wasps. 2 years ago, I was mowing my next door neighbors yard(she was an old lady) and I apparently ran over a yellow jacket nest. Got stung 4 times and broke out in hives. But a wasp sting has nothing on a hornet's sting. This being a hornet:

Last edited by NJCardFan; 09-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ah wasps. 2 years ago, I was mowing me next door neighbors yard(she was an old lady) and I apparently ran over a yellow jacket next. Got stung 4 times and broke out in hives. But a wasp sting has nothing on a hornet's sting. This being a hornet:

Hornets are the largest eusocial wasps; some species can reach up to 5.6 cm (2.2 in) in length.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hornet

A hornet is a wasp.

I've never seen one in Nevada.

They were a pain in Illinois and Iowa.

I've had one allergic reaction to insect bites and almost waited too long for medical attention. This was many years ago. To make a long story short, I almost died.

Once I thought I was having a dream that I was getting stung. I woke up and a huge wasp was actually stinging me several times. It was the largest wasp I had ever seen in my life. I went to the hospital that time also, but there was no reaction other then a really sore arm and shoulder.