Thread: Carville: People Are Freaking Out About Syria Because Of Bush And Iraq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Carville: People Are Freaking Out About Syria Because Of Bush And Iraq 
    Carville: People Are Freaking Out About Syria Because Of Bush And Iraq

BILL O'REILLY: I think you've got to take emotion out of the equation. I see a lot of that emotion. I mean, Barbara Boxer, for example, would never support an action against Syria if Mitt Romney were president. Never in a million years. The only reason she is doing it is to help Obama.

On the other side, you have Republicans -- Ronald Reagan, if he were president, would get Assad like that. He would. He would get Assad. And you would have most conservatives line up against -- for Ronald Reagan, in support of Ronald Reagan. But the element here, Carville, is that many people think that Barack Obama is incompetent and he can't -- he can't do this.

JAMES CARVILLE: Well, I will definitely -- he's handled the Middle East pretty well so far. Bin Laden --

O'REILLY: Really? You really think so.

CARVILLE: Yeah. We have had revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt, all across the place. Again.

O'REILLY: Libya a mess. Iran is defiant.

CARVILLE: Come on, look. When is all of this -- when was it not? I mean, Gaddafi is gone. It is a mess, I agree with that. But, you know what, it's a mess and we haven't lost any kids over there which says something and --

O'REILLY: I'm not sure that's a litmus test, it doesn't seem to be any clear vision on the part of President Obama. He doesn't have -- 'here is what I want.' He doesn't have that.

CARVILLE: You know, what I would say and maybe a little bit of a different view here. I think what really is freaking people out is the incompetence of the Bush administration in Iraq.

O'REILLY: You're going to blame Bush?
    Read More>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._and_iraq.html

Boooshes fault!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Blame Bush. Priceless.

Carville's last line in the transcript sums up his position:

CARVILLE: Of course, the Iraq thing is why people have so much trepidation about going into Syria. They said the last time we went over there, look what happened. I really think this has something to do with it.
    Except that Iraq wasn't the last time that we went over there. There was a little adventure called "Libya" that went south in a big way. Carville also has a funny way of looking at success. He cites the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt, but the Egyptian revolution replaced a moderate, pro-US regimes with an Islamist, anti-US regime, and is rapidly devolving into a civil war. Tunisia is about where Egypt was before the military coup. They had elections in October 2011, and put the Islamic party, Ennahda, in power (not with a majority, but 41% of the total vote, enough to get them into the position to create their own little caliphate). That's not success, unless you consider empowering terrorist enablers success.

Carville was the Baghdad Bob of the Clinton administration, and the role model for Beltway Jay.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I don't know how his wife can tolerate him. Besides his obnoxious mouth, he looks like a snake. Ugh.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I don't know how his wife can tolerate him. Besides his obnoxious mouth, he looks like a snake. Ugh.
    Among other things...

--Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Going into the ME or any islamic country is assinine at this point. Iraq had the (secret) intended effect of stirring the shit up over the. Now let's get out and stay out and let the primitives destroy one another. When they have finally wearied of murder, then we say, Are you
    Idiots finished?

If they say yes, then we'll offer
    Conditional aid and support. If they say "no", then we say "Enjoy your extinction.

We'll back to get your oil. :p
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 09-05-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Going into the ME or any islamic country is assinine at this point. Iraq had the (secret) intended effect of stirring the shit up over the. Now let's get out and stay out and let the primitives destroy one another. When they have finally wearied of murder, then we say, Are you
    Idiots finished?

If they say yes, then we'll offer
    Conditional aid and support. If they say "no", then we say "Enjoy your extinction.

We'll back to get your oil. :p
    Islam destroys any culture that it comes in contact with, it is compatible with no life on earth and eventually devours and kills anyone who becomes subject to it through war and suicide. Islam is not a belief in God it is the enemy of God and the antithesis of religion.
    If it becomes infused in a government you eventually have to destroy that government or it will destroy you, it is a contagion and must be dealt with as such or it will consume humanity.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The attempt by Carville and others to keep blaming Bush is assinine. I wouldn't be surprised if those weapons of mass destruction were moved to syria back in the day.

I'm waiting for Obama to ever take responsibility for anything. His blaming the world for his red line s ridiculous.

Old snake head ragin' Cajun trying to get by with his idiotic statements is beyond belief. Especially after the video released today showing the "rebels" assassinating the army troops just shows it's a choice between one devil or the other. Laura Ingraham and others are right--let them annihilate each other. We should give humanitarian aid to those in the refugee camps---after the UN coughs up more bucks first. If we pay, maybe we could use the bucks that we contribute to that greyt UN.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The attempt by Carville and others to keep blaming Bush is assinine. I wouldn't be surprised if those weapons of mass destruction were moved to syria back in the day.

I'm waiting for Obama to ever take responsibility for anything. His blaming the world for his red line s ridiculous.

Old snake head ragin' Cajun trying to get by with his idiotic statements is beyond belief. Especially after the video released today showing the "rebels" assassinating the army troops just shows it's a choice between one devil or the other. Laura Ingraham and others are right--let them annihilate each other. We should give humanitarian aid to those in the refugee camps---after the UN coughs up more bucks first. If we pay, maybe we could use the bucks that we contribute to that greyt UN.
    Obama has made a very lucrative career from not taking responsibility for anything. He's spent his entire life coasting on the guilt of white liberals, and he's never had to do more than show up to be acclaimed as the savior of whatever the group-du-jour happens to be. He's no more likely to accept responsibility for his own actions than my five year old daughter. Of course, my job is to teach her to do so, while Obama's parents abrogated that responsibility long ago.
    --Odysseus

That ass hole is an expert on freaks and freaking out.