Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No one watches SNL anymore so maybe not. Here's the thing. I don't care. If she dies at some point, so be it. She did it to herself and damn her parents for not keeping her in check. There are plenty of young female artists out there who didn't chose to go down this path and they're doing find. If I had a daughter, I would forbid her to have anything to do with Cirus or Lindsey Lohan or Brittany Spears and encourage them to look up to a Kelly Clarkson or Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood. These are girls who need to be promoted and encouraged, not this trash.

SNL is still on the air, so I suppose somebody watches it. I stopped watching it regularly after Will Farrell left. I've seen a couple of episodes at my sister's house, because she still watches it. One was hosted by Lindsay Lohan, and had one very funny sketch: The Real Housewives of Disney.

You're right about not promoting their crap to young girls, though. I'm glad that my nieces are over the Disney phase of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I doubt she will have too much problem there doing that.

That is a clip of her in her music video Wrecking Ball.

She's going all out to try and be as shocking and extreme as possible. I can't see her career lasting more then a couple more years at this pace going the way of Spears and Lohan.
    Britney Spears seems to have gotten her career back on track. Lohan's a train wreck. The other Disney stars seem to have a mixed record. Christina Aguilera and Selena Gomez are doing pretty well, Demi Lovato had a few hiccups but seems to be doing well. Hopefully, Miley Cyrus will figure out that just being a grownup is enough of a contrast to her previous career and stop trying to shock people. She has a built-in fan base that she is alienating with her antics.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    SNL is still on the air, so I suppose somebody watches it. I stopped watching it regularly after Will Farrell left. I've seen a couple of episodes at my sister's house, because she still watches it. One was hosted by Lindsay Lohan, and had one very funny sketch: The Real Housewives of Disney.

You're right about not promoting their crap to young girls, though. I'm glad that my nieces are over the Disney phase of their lives.
    I stopped watching SNL about halfway through Will Farrell's first season, but I'd been growing tired of it for a while before that. The writing had gone downhill rapidly after Al Franken took over as head writer, but Farrell was the last straw, and I made a conscious decision to stop watching what I came to think of as a comedic black hole in human form that could suck any vestige of humor out of a sketch. I even remember the sketch that made me turn it off. It was a dinner with Farrell as the father, Sarah Michelle Gellar as the daughter, and one of the interchangeable women who were in the cast at the time as the mom. The gag consisted of the parents picking a massive fight that eventually ended with the daughter leaving the table in a rage, at which point the fight ended as the parents divided up the food on her plate. It was painfully stupid and unfunny. Every once in a while, I'd tune in to see if it had gotten any better, but except for an isolated sketch or two, it hadn't.

My girls are 5 and 9, and both are outgrowing Disney. They'll watch Good Luck, Charlie or Shake It Up, and occasionally the odd episode of Austin and Allie, but Ant Farm and Dog With a Blog are too insipid for them (thank goodness). Eventually, they'll figure out that all of the shows have the same basic characters and dump the whole thing. They would rather watch Cartoon Network or Nick, unless it's Spongebob, which none of us can stand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Her dad says:

Billy Ray Cyrus says he's behind Miley Cyrus' new song, "Wrecking Ball," as well as the video for the track, which was released on Monday, much to the Internet's delight -- the clip broke the Vevo record for most views within 24 hours.

The 52-year-old country singer told "Entertainment Tonight" he thinks "Wrecking Ball" is simply a great song, even outside of the much talked-about music video: "I'm a song man. A musician singer songwriter who loves all styles of music. But again...I come from the old school where it starts with an artist and a song...colliding if you will...in a moment where the song, the singer, the producer, the band and the listener become one. It wouldn't have mattered if Miley would have worn jeans and a flannel shirt... a Tux...or a nun's habit. The song's a smash...and her performance vocally on the tune reflects her roots and sheer God given talent."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...us-defends-it/

Miley says:

"If people get past the point that I'm naked and you actually look at me, you can tell that I actually look more broken than even the song sounds," said the singer, who in the video makes it awfully hard to get past the point that she's naked.

"If people can take their minds off the obvious and go into their imagination a little bit and see what the video really means and the way that it is so vulnerable. ...," she continued. "If you look at my eyes, I look more sad than actually my voice sounds on the record. It was a lot harder to actually do the video than it was to even record the song. It was much more of an emotional experience."

So, emotion, eyes, imagination, vulnerability. Turns out Miley's just a normal girl after all. Once you subtract the foam finger.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...0,409823.story

You're broken all right.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

"If people get past the point that I'm naked and you actually look at me, you can tell that I actually look more broken than even the song sounds," said the singer, who in the video makes it awfully hard to get past the point that she's naked.

"If people can take their minds off the obvious and go into their imagination a little bit and see what the video really means and the way that it is so vulnerable. ...," she continued. "If you look at my eyes, I look more sad than actually my voice sounds on the record. It was a lot harder to actually do the video than it was to even record the song. It was much more of an emotional experience."
    It would help if her eyes were open while she was humping the wrecking ball.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Too funny. I would say that many men would consider Miley's act to be "hot" and this women would think this guy is a "perv", but most of the guys here seem to be disturbed by Miley's act and not aroused, which is much to their credit.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Too funny. I would say that many men would consider Miley's act to be "hot" and this women would think this guy is a "perv", but most of the guys here seem to be disturbed by Miley's act and not aroused, which is much to their credit.
    The woman, herself, would be very hot if she weren't trying to hard to be hot. As it is, she's just embarrassing.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The woman, herself, would be very hot if she weren't trying to hard to be hot. As it is, she's just embarrassing.
    Pretty much.