1. #1 Rep. Amash Slams McCain for ´Allahu Akbar´ Comments 

Rep. Amash Slams McCain for ´Allahu Akbar´ Comments

On Friday, Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) ripped Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for his argument that when jihadists scream “Allahu Akbar” it is no different than Christians saying “Thank God.”

“Senator McCain’s response was completely ignorant and offensive. Good people, whether they’re Muslims, Christians, or Jews--don’t scream ‘Thank God’ when they kill people,” Amash said on Laura Ingraham’s radio program on Tuesday. “It’s completely outrageous that he would say such a thing.”

Amash did not hold back from criticizing House GOP leaders, either. Before any congressional hearings on the president’s proposed Syria military strike occurred, House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor both announced they backed military intervention in Syria. Amash told Ingraham he believes this type of behavior is unacceptable and that there is popular opposition to it.

“At every town hall, every stop I’ve made, and I made 11 stops in two days this week so I could go out and hear the people’s voices on Syria, on every single stop I heard about how absurd it was our leadership was coming out in support of the president on this," Amash said. "The American people don’t want this war."

More@Breitbart.com

We need more Representatives like this. Too many cower to the RINO establishment elite. My understanding of interpretation of 'Allahu Akbar' is something like 'our god is better'. Something towards the superlative in nature.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

“Senator McCain’s response was completely ignorant and offensive. Good people, whether they’re Muslims, Christians, or Jews--don’t scream ‘Thank God’ when they kill people,” Amash said on Laura Ingraham’s radio program on Tuesday. “It’s completely outrageous that he would say such a thing.”
    I agree.

The most important decision that John McCain should be allowed to make is what kind of sweetener he would like on his oatmeal for breakfast and of course whether or not he would like to play bingo later.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The most important decision that John McCain should be allowed to make is what kind of sweetener he would like on his oatmeal for breakfast and of course whether or not he would like to play bingo later.
    Unfortunately, the senate has become the world's most exclusive assisted-living facility.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Amash was running for the Senate (to replace the retiring Carl Levin), but I'm not sure if he's still in the race. The primary isn't until next year.

I always thought that Alluha Akbar translated to "God is good" and was the traditional greeting of Muslims who speak arabic. Of course, it takes on a whole different meaning if someone is screaming it before throwing a bomb at a crowd, but the words themselves are just words.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Amash was running for the Senate (to replace the retiring Carl Levin), but I'm not sure if he's still in the race. The primary isn't until next year.

I always thought that Alluha Akbar translated to "God is good" and was the traditional greeting of Muslims who speak arabic. Of course, it takes on a whole different meaning if someone is screaming it before throwing a bomb at a crowd, but the words themselves are just words.
    Allahu Akbar is not a greeting, and is used when Islam is overcoming its enemies. It actually means "God is greater than..." with the final comparison left off, and means that Allah is beyond comparison (to say simply that "God is great" is to limit Allah, which is blasphemy). If you hear someone shout it in public, hit the ground and then look for a safe spot. If you look around before then, you're liable to be in the line of fire.

The traditional greeting for Muslims is Salaam Alekum, literally "Peace be unto you," and the response is Alekum Salaam, "and unto you, peace." As such, it is commonly the last words of the jihadi, whether he intends to martyr himself or not.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Thanks Ody. I was thinking it was something along the lines of ...

(Our) god is greater than (your god).

But I couldnt quite remember the phraseology I wanted to use atm.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

GRRRRRRRR.....McCain SMASH!!!!!!
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf