Rep. Amash Slams McCain for ´Allahu Akbar´ Comments

On Friday, Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) ripped Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for his argument that when jihadists scream “Allahu Akbar” it is no different than Christians saying “Thank God.”

“Senator McCain’s response was completely ignorant and offensive. Good people, whether they’re Muslims, Christians, or Jews--don’t scream ‘Thank God’ when they kill people,” Amash said on Laura Ingraham’s radio program on Tuesday. “It’s completely outrageous that he would say such a thing.”

Amash did not hold back from criticizing House GOP leaders, either. Before any congressional hearings on the president’s proposed Syria military strike occurred, House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor both announced they backed military intervention in Syria. Amash told Ingraham he believes this type of behavior is unacceptable and that there is popular opposition to it.

“At every town hall, every stop I’ve made, and I made 11 stops in two days this week so I could go out and hear the people’s voices on Syria, on every single stop I heard about how absurd it was our leadership was coming out in support of the president on this," Amash said. "The American people don’t want this war."

More@Breitbart.com

We need more Representatives like this. Too many cower to the RINO establishment elite. My understanding of interpretation of 'Allahu Akbar' is something like 'our god is better'. Something towards the superlative in nature.