Thread: Board Apology

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Board Apology 
    I would like to apologize for my candor as of late. You guys are right, I have been generalizing and it's wrong. There are scumbags of all stripes just as there are good people of all stripes. Not all blacks are animals and unfortunately it's the minority of blacks who make them all look bad. But what makes me crazy is that there's been a rash of black on white crime and it seems as though no one cares. No calls for restraint from the president, no reporting of it in the MSM. It's sickening and it's driving this country down another dark path and I fear the worst if it's allowed to fester.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sonnabend
    Not all blacks are animals and unfortunately it's the minority of blacks who make them all look bad
    Black people are not animals, full stop. They are people with different skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I would like to apologize for my candor as of late. You guys are right, I have been generalizing and it's wrong. There are scumbags of all stripes just as there are good people of all stripes. Not all blacks are animals and unfortunately it's the minority of blacks who make them all look bad. But what makes me crazy is that there's been a rash of black on white crime and it seems as though no one cares. No calls for restraint from the president, no reporting of it in the MSM. It's sickening and it's driving this country down another dark path and I fear the worst if it's allowed to fester.
    Just calm down. We're all appalled by the lack of coverage, but there are people in the black community who are as outraged about it as we are. They're good, decent, hardworking people who need to know that we are on their side, and that the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons aren't. It takes time to change the thinking of a whole generation, and we're doing it, slowly but surely.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Black people are not animals, full stop.
    So, are they 'Plant' or 'Mineral?'

Fabulous Poster
    Black people are not animals, full stop. They are people with different skin colour.
    Well at least you didn't say , "They are just people with a different skin colour." Still, it's an over simplification. The criticism of American Negroes isn't that they are dark skinned or have Negroid features, it's that the subculture which continues those physical traits through endogamy (self imposed or otherwise) produces a set of behaviors which while not entirely limited to that one subculture do manifest and present in that subculture in a unique way for which we have several epithets.

The majority animosity arises when the dominant culture perceives that there is no or insufficient redeeming value to the subculture. White people are accused of "fearing blacks" or more generally "fearing change". The suggestion is always there that such a fear (more accurately a refusal to surrender) is irrational. It's not irrational to not want to see the country designed and built by your culture to continue. We don't want our country to be Detroit or Mexico City... and yet we have these inexplicable people who call themselves Americans who cheer the destruction of this nation: Noel Ignatiev, Amy Goodman, Howard Zinn, Leonard Jeffries, Frances Cress Welsing, Joy de Gruy, and a whole bunch of Mexican "educators" who call themselves American citizens, Larewnce O'donnel, Chris Hayes....

This may be true, however, there is no other culture be it white or another ethnic group(although certain Hispanic groups are giving those who follow this thug culture a run for their money) that embraces lawlessness like the thug culture. I never heard a country song where someone was bustin' caps or pimpin' ho's. As hard ass as my father was growing up, he didn't tolerate any of us wanting to be hippies or even a metal head outside the house. This is where O'Reilly gets it right. The breakdown of the black family has done more to destroy the black community than any perceived white racism ever could. It's out of control and getting worse and now we have race pimps pouring gasoline on these knuckleheads. That's where my problem lies, not with the people per se but the culture they allowed to permeate their youth. Out of anyone here, I believe I have the best knowledge of what happens to these kids. Seems like inmates are getting younger and younger. I've seen 19 and 20 year olds come through my prison most if not all of them have this "I'm badder than bad" attitude and like to pop off at the mouth. The end result is something I don't think they counted on. Even the older black inmates can't understand their mindset. Something needs to change and once upon a time I tried and gave up. I coached little league, basketball, football and saw kids I coached getting locked up before they were legal to drive. It's heartbreaking.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This may be true, however, there is no other culture be it white or another ethnic group(although certain Hispanic groups are giving those who follow this thug culture a run for their money) that embraces lawlessness like the thug culture. I never heard a country song where someone was bustin' caps or pimpin' ho's. As hard ass as my father was growing up, he didn't tolerate any of us wanting to be hippies or even a metal head outside the house. This is where O'Reilly gets it right. The breakdown of the black family has done more to destroy the black community than any perceived white racism ever could. It's out of control and getting worse and now we have race pimps pouring gasoline on these knuckleheads. That's where my problem lies, not with the people per se but the culture they allowed to permeate their youth. Out of anyone here, I believe I have the best knowledge of what happens to these kids. Seems like inmates are getting younger and younger. I've seen 19 and 20 year olds come through my prison most if not all of them have this "I'm badder than bad" attitude and like to pop off at the mouth. The end result is something I don't think they counted on. Even the older black inmates can't understand their mindset. Something needs to change and once upon a time I tried and gave up. I coached little league, basketball, football and saw kids I coached getting locked up before they were legal to drive. It's heartbreaking.
    I understand where you're coming from. I see the little kids of all races coming in their school groups to the aquarium where we volunteer. Their bright, shiny little faces are eager to learn and many already know so many facts about the dolphins. Sometimes I wonder how long it will take before those more grown up faces will appear in the local news.

It's a puzzle what to do to keep them on the right track and to not turn into thugs. I saw enough thugs in St Louis when I went about my job selling office equipment to the feds and to local governments. I saw first hand when I went into the prison, with many of the friends of the "residents" waiting on the steps outside. I was lucky that I wasn't mugged in all the years when I went into some pretty scary places.

Our society needs to prevent somehow the kids going from the sweet litle ones, eager to learn, into the gangster wannabes. This isn't necessarily race specific. I had taught in a school immediately after graduating from college with all whites. It was scary, lots of knives in school, stealing the teachers' cars, etc. With these kids, too, it all boiled down to a lack of parental involvement.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

I never apologize. I'm sorry, I just don't.
    Be Not Afraid.

Just so you'll know, I do care about black on white crime. I also think gang crime is a terrible problem (which is mostly not white people). As it is, I've stopped taking certain routes to work because the gang violence in the area is getting too rough. Drove by what turned out to be a drive by shooting just a week or two ago. Don't know if the victim was black or white, but it was scary. I understand what you're saying about other races committing crimes and others (especially the media) acting like they don't care. I've also found it frustrating at times.

I'm for Obama restraining (you mean Syria, right)? I think most Democrats and liberals are for him restraining. I can't speak for the others, but the reason I haven't participated in any open protests is mostly because they're led by answer and I'm just not as stupid as I used to be. I'm also trying to be respectful toward anybody who might have to go out there.

I've started ignoring some of the comments I view as racist that you've made and chalk a lot of it up to your work environment getting to you.