Thread: If Conservatives Had a Problem with John Boehner Before

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    What do you mean, "like?" John Boehner IS the drunk sobbing in the corner.
    More or less.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Rep. Gohmert: GOP Leadership Scared Taking Principled Stands Will Lose Elections

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said Republicans could defund Obamacare by changing the rules on mandatory spending they themselves created. He said the House leadership was scared to take that stand because they think it will cost them elections, even though a majority of Americans disapprove of Obamacare.

Speaking to Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon on Breitbart News' broadcast of the "Exempt America" rally on Tuesday, Gohmert said the Republican leadership does not understand that the GOP will lose the trust of the American people if they stop fighting for what they promised Americans they would fight for.

"They honestly believe that it may hurt the party if we stand too firm with what we believe in," Gohmert said.

On Obamacare, Gohmert suggested House Republicans needed to stop playing games to act like they are in favor of defunding Obamacare, and instead actually take meaningful steps to do so.

"You hear over and over that we cannot defund Obamacare... that it is mandatory spending," he said. "It is a rule of the House that we created... We made the rule... We can change the rule if we take the stand."

He added, "Even if we are unsuccessful, why wouldn't we do at least everything we could when you know how badly it would affect the people?"

Gohmert said the Republican leadership had the "misimpression that taking a strong stand could cost us the majority."

"What they don't understand is if if we don't stand for what they promised when they elected us, they will not elect us to the majority," Gohmert said, noting that the fears of the Republican establishment were "misplaced."

Video@Breitbart.com

We need to elect more RINOs... for the courage to stand, for sitting down.
    Last edited by Janice; 09-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He stands up to Obama until he caves. He's our Neville Chamberlain, a decent, respectable guy who lacks the vision and courage to stand up for the ideals that make his party great. We're waiting for another Churchill or Reagan, but I fear that they are once in a lifetime men.
    I really do think the "problem" is that most of this country is centrist. That's not another word for leftist in this case. Leftists don't like centrists either. I don't think most of this country wants somebody who is too conservative or liberal. As long as most of the country is like that, we're not going to see a lot of leaders to the far right or left. Obama is the exception. I guess he's our Reagan in the sense of being far to one side and considered a hero. When he leaves, you'll probably see more centrist candidates stepping in his shoes. You won't think of them as centrists, but they'll make the far left go crazy just like "RINOS" make you all go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I really do think the "problem" is that most of this country is centrist. That's not another word for leftist in this case. Leftists don't like centrists either. I don't think most of this country wants somebody who is too conservative or liberal. As long as most of the country is like that, we're not going to see a lot of leaders to the far right or left. Obama is the exception. I guess he's our Reagan in the sense of being far to one side and considered a hero. When he leaves, you'll probably see more centrist candidates stepping in his shoes. You won't think of them as centrists, but they'll make the far left go crazy just like "RINOS" make you all go crazy.
    Centrist is a myth, you're either a libtard or not, big government or small, retarded or sane.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Centrist is a myth, you're either a libtard or not, big government or small, retarded or sane.
    You'll never see a book entitled "Great Centrists in American History"
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You'll never see a book entitled "Great Centrists in American History"
    All liberals constantly vacillate between the so called center and the right to the far left, especially in their private lives where their bankers, bill collectors and law enforcement require them to face reality on a daily basis. The liberal mind is a defective mind, a mind of indecision, a foundation built on shifting sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    All liberals constantly vacillate between the so called center and the right to the far left, especially in their private lives where their bankers, bill collectors and law enforcement require them to face reality on a daily basis. The liberal mind is a defective mind, a mind of indecision, a foundation built on shifting sand.
    Liberals demand you and I live by rules and regulations they purposely exempt themselves from.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.