Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ever seen Duck Dynasty? 

Ever watched Duck Dynasty?

I just started. I dont have TV but its on A&E. Great stuff.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Yep, good stuff, we record it every week. I want a hot tub down by the road so we can watch the neighbors drive by.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I thought it was going to be another one of those lame 'honey boo boo' things or something like that.

This is completely contrary to Hollyweird. Kinda like that Mel Gibson movie they all rejected, out of hand.

Just finished downloading first season.

My mom is really into this show, for some reason. She's not a hunter, not into the great outdoors or anything, and always hated it when my dad grew a beard. I don't get it.

Mrs. Ody loves this show, and she's gotten me hooked. The one where they tried to get honey out of the beehive is one of the funniest TV shows that I've ever seen.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I watch it now all the time. SLW didn't like it till she watched a few and
    now she is hooked too.
    May the FORCE be with you!

No and don't plan to. Television seems to reach new lows with every one of these "reality" shows. I'm sure it's entertaining but it's not my bag. TV sucks in general.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No and don't plan to. Television seems to reach new lows with every one of these "reality" shows. I'm sure it's entertaining but it's not my bag. TV sucks in general.
    Justified will be back in January.

"Duck Dynasty" is unabashedly American. The best news is that watching a real family driven by hard work and rooted in faith is apparently far more interesting to viewers than following the latest machinations of the "Real Housewives."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...057776274.html

From the article Rob posts above:

[quote]
    Is there any show that paints an admirable, more accurate portrait of life in the U.S.? Unlikely as it might seem, "Duck Dynasty" might fit the bill. The A&E show, now in its fourth season, has managed to become the most popular reality program in cable history. The season premiere on Aug. 14 captured 11.8 million viewers, double the number that tuned in for the season premiere of "Breaking Bad" earlier that week. >>>

What separates "Duck Dynasty" from most reality shows is how quickly we see that the money hasn't gone to anyone's head. Early in the first season, Jase and Si Robertson happen upon two dead nutria rats in the middle of the road. In Louisiana, they explain, the state pays $5 for nutria tails because of the damage the rodents do to the marshes. The men pull over, Jase takes out his knife and cuts off their tails.

"Roadkill is a redneck's paycheck," he proclaims. "Just cause I got money in my pocket, that don't mean I'm too good to stop and pick up a five-dollar bill that's laying in the middle of the road."

As they ride off with their bounty, the stench of the roadkill drives the two men into fits of coughing. It's a funny scene—and a bit gross. Behind it, though, is the show's central theme: Be self-sufficient and, in the words of Phil Robertson, live off the land.

The Robertson clan does just that: shooting at beavers and dismantling dams that restrict water flow, catching a boatload of catfish to fry for dinner, and hunting for bullfrogs at night in gator-infested waters. >>>

In an era when many American television shows are imported or adapted from programs created in other countries, "Duck Dynasty" is unabashedly American. The best news is that watching a real family driven by hard work and rooted in faith is apparently far more interesting to viewers than following the latest machinations of the "Real Housewives."
    [end of quote] :)

Nice descriptive article. That was a funny episode. Thanks Rob.