Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Firefighters Make Stand Against NJ Boardwalk Blaze 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hmmmmm...

By COLLEEN CURRY and MICHAEL S. JAMESMichael S. James More from Michael »

Firefighters dug a trench under a Jersey Shore boardwalk in an effort to prevent a furious, wind-whipped blaze from spreading to a section just rebuilt after being destroyed by Superstorm Sandy.
    This evening, the blaze reached 10 alarms, according to ABC News New York station WABC. It had already destroyed a length of boardwalk, according to officials, containing perhaps 20-30 businesses in Seaside Park, N.J., near the same stretch of sand where a rollercoaster landed upright in the ocean after Sandy hit the coastline in October 2012.

Officials hoped a storm front expected in the area this evening would help douse the flames and calm the winds, Christie added.
    Only minor injuries to firefighters have been reported, he said.

The fire may have begun at a Kohr's frozen custard stand on the boardwalk, according to WABC.

Sounds like a possible "successful fire"...

Hey, it's Jersey.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    The tourist season is over. Fire season is starting early.

Two old men are sitting in a retirement home.

The first guy says, "I owned a factory. After thirty years, we had a fire, the place burned to the ground, and the insurance company paid me off, so I retired to Florida.

The second guy says, "I owned a retail store. One day, we had a massive flood that wiped out the building. The insurance company paid me, and I retired to Florida."

The first guy thinks that over for a moment, and says, "That's pretty good, only how do you start a flood?"
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I am with the firemen and stand against boardwalk fires!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Glad you guys think this is funny. More than 50 businesses are now gone. Some of these places stay open into October so contrary to popular belief the boardwalk doesn't shut down after Labor Day. But you guys keep making jokes. After all, it's only Jersey, right?

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's sorta like this boss. Would you rather try for some humor or stand on the corner crying? I saw some of the locals discussing the situation and there is some doubt that this was an accident or "human error". And they were joking about it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Glad you guys think this is funny. More than 50 businesses are now gone. Some of these places stay open into October so contrary to popular belief the boardwalk doesn't shut down after Labor Day. But you guys keep making jokes. After all, it's only Jersey, right?

Why aren't you blaming it on black animals.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Why aren't you blaming it on black animals.
    Stupid response from a stupid person.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 09-14-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

I say the same things about Ocean City (the real one, not the one in New Jersey).

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I say the same things about Ocean City (the real one, not the one in New Jersey).
    Both are "real". The one in Maryland is great but so is the one here. The difference is, the one here is better for families who don't want to be around a lot of bars(there are none in OCNJ). OCMD is a great party town not to mention that just outside I hear Frontiertown is a great campground. However, OCNJ's boardwalk is infinitely better than OCMD. Both are great summertime destinations. It just depends on taste. But isn't Rehoboth Beach more your style?