Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Both are "real". The one in Maryland is great but so is the one here. The difference is, the one here is better for families who don't want to be around a lot of bars(there are none in OCNJ). OCMD is a great party town not to mention that just outside I hear Frontiertown is a great campground. However, OCNJ's boardwalk is infinitely better than OCMD. Both are great summertime destinations. It just depends on taste. But isn't Rehoboth Beach more your style?
    OCMD has had several perimeter campgrounds which were very enjoyable. Unfortunately, development has displaced a lot of that.

When I was a kid, we thought of Rehoboth as being for old people. I remember my dad saying once, "If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of Philadelphians (actually he was more specific) we would go visit your aunt Lee." I'm an Ocean City person. I have always found Rehoboth to be lacking. When we go to the boardwalk in OC it's for the whole experience, including the people watching. What are you going to watch in Rehoboth? A parade of rubber stamp suburbanites in pastel shorts eating ice cream? I like the lights, the rides, and it's one of few places that I actually like the noise. I like watching it slow down and drift away at midnight. I like the feeling of the boardwalk early in the morning, like you are playing behind the rope at an amusement park or watching them clean up after a party and running the evening over in your head.

I wasn't aware that OCNJ doesn't have bars. As contemptuous of drunks as I am, years in the restaurant business have taught me that restaurants that don't have liquor licenses don't generally thrive. I think the greater point in OCMD is that there is something for everyone.

I like rides. I like talking to people from Baltimore and Pittsburgh. It keeps you grounded.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Arson suspected in Jersey Shore boardwalk fire

Need I say more??? You thought I was kidding? I wasn't.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Arson suspected in Jersey Shore boardwalk fire

Need I say more??? You thought I was kidding? I wasn't.
    I figured as much as soon as Christie made the comment that we shouldn't jump to conclusions on the cause for the fire. Had it been an accident that went out of control, they would have said as much.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    OCMD has had several perimeter campgrounds which were very enjoyable. Unfortunately, development has displaced a lot of that.

When I was a kid, we thought of Rehoboth as being for old people. I remember my dad saying once, "If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of Philadelphians (actually he was more specific) we would go visit your aunt Lee." I'm an Ocean City person. I have always found Rehoboth to be lacking. When we go to the boardwalk in OC it's for the whole experience, including the people watching. What are you going to watch in Rehoboth? A parade of rubber stamp suburbanites in pastel shorts eating ice cream? I like the lights, the rides, and it's one of few places that I actually like the noise. I like watching it slow down and drift away at midnight. I like the feeling of the boardwalk early in the morning, like you are playing behind the rope at an amusement park or watching them clean up after a party and running the evening over in your head.

I wasn't aware that OCNJ doesn't have bars. As contemptuous of drunks as I am, years in the restaurant business have taught me that restaurants that don't have liquor licenses don't generally thrive. I think the greater point in OCMD is that there is something for everyone.

I like rides. I like talking to people from Baltimore and Pittsburgh. It keeps you grounded.
    The beauty of OCNJ is that every restaurant and pretty much every business is family owned. No chains, unlike OCMD which is full of chains. Even the places with multiple locations like Johnson's Popcorn, Fralinger's Salt Water taffee, Mack & Manco's(Now separate places) are family owned. My uncle used to own a pizza parlor on the OCNJ boardwalk in the 70's as well as an arcade. OCNJ is a nice quiet place and one of the few family destinations in the country. They do fine without alcohol but if you really want alcohol with your meal, just over the 2 bridges into town there are several restaurants who have it like Yesterday's and The Crab Trap or over the south bridge into Sea Isle City. That said, there's no law about bringing your own alcohol into the town to drink at your rental property. The restaurants wanted to institute a BYOB policy for the town shot it down in a ballot referendum overwhelmingly.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.