1. #1 White House backs off ObamaCare deal for unions 
    The Obama administration on Friday appeared to rule out giving unions a special deal to offer their workers extra ObamaCare subsidies, but left the door open to other changes after a private White House meeting with labor leaders who are concerned over the law.
    Earlier in the day, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka had urged the White House to act within a week to address labor unions’ concerns over ObamaCare.
    The sit-down with President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden came amid concerns from Republicans that Obama might be preparing to offer the unions a special deal to assuage their concerns.
    But on Friday night, the White House said the Treasury Department had issued a letter "making clear that it does not see a legal way for individuals in multi-employer group health plans to receive individual market tax credits as well as the favorable tax treatment associated with employer-provided health insurance at the same time."
    However, the White House did not specify exactly what it might do instead, if anything. It said only it would work with various plans to create "new, high-quality, affordable options" for everyone.
    Later, spokesmen for ranking House member Orrin Hatch of Utah and Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp of Michigan issued a joint statement saying,“There has been far too much special treatment for politically-favored friends of ObamaCare. But when it comes to employers and taxpayers picking up the health care tab for labor unions – it appears that is a price that is simply too high.
    "Perhaps even this Administration recognizes that there are limits to them stretching the law to reward their friends.”
    The AFL-CIO just passed a resolution blasting ObamaCare as “highly disruptive,” and the administration has been trying to convince the unions to lower the volume on their complaints about the law’s implementation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2epEKgNop
    Why should the unions get a special break? Don't their employees already get a bigger break than other employees? That was a bullcrap idea anyway. I still think unions are just companies. They have customers and they seem to make the same complaints about Obamacare.

I'm sure they White House'd love to do it, but apparently their survival instincts kicked in. Embrace the suck, Trumka!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Why should the unions get a special break? Don't their employees already get a bigger break than other employees? That was a bullcrap idea anyway. I still think unions are just companies. They have customers and they seem to make the same complaints about Obamacare.
    Unions are certainly not 'companies'. If anything, they are more like federally-protected criminal syndicates.

They don't have 'customers'; they have 'victims.'
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

When construction slowed down a lot of unions had to take loans to fund their health and welfare plans. They are finally realizing that the Obamacare is going to hit them in the pocket book.

Obamacare will devastate us economically, it is the first and most important step in socializing America. When the damage reports start to roll in the doctors, businesses and insurance companies will get all the blame, and progressives will answer the protests with more socialization as a remedy. Too many Americans will be unable to tear themselves away from the entitlement programs and will continue to vote the problem back in, it will take radical changes to break this massive parasite loose.
    This is a good time to be old and ready to die.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Bond, James Bond ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Obamacare will devastate us economically, it is the first and most important step in socializing America. When the damage reports start to roll in the doctors, businesses and insurance companies will get all the blame, and progressives will answer the protests with more socialization as a remedy. Too many Americans will be unable to tear themselves away from the entitlement programs and will continue to vote the problem back in, it will take radical changes to break this massive parasite loose.
    This is a good time to be old and ready to die.
    The docs around here are already very irate. They're careful about what they say, but it isn't difficult to read between the lines. One doc was ticked off that I heard he was making very sarcastic welcome to Medicare talks. A neighbor said the doc said, "Welcome to Medicare. I'm supposd to ask about your guns. Don't anwer, but I covered it. Enough said."

Can't imagine how angry they are about having to ask all the intrusive ?'s demanded by the socalist in chief. Feel especially bad for the younger ones with all those huge student loans to pay.

Hope all those folks who voted for the annointed one at least realize how they've contrbuted to the ruination of our country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"