Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Back during the Great Depression, when communists were telling the rest of the world how wonderful the USSR was, Walter Duranty of the NY Times and a host of other fellow travelling low-lives hid the excesses of Stalin from the rest of the world. When the truth came out, the left decided that Stalin wasn't one of them, that he had imposed something called "state capitalism" and that real communism hadn't been tried. When Mao's mass murders became too obvious to hide, the left gradually dumped him (notice how one never sees the Little Red Book on college campuses anymore). When Pol Pot's mass murders came out, he went from a communist liberator to a victim of US imperialism, driven mad by our bombing. When the Berlin Wall came down, the left started calling themselves progressives and pretended that socialism was something that they'd never advocated. This is just another lie.
    Didn't you call this being shown the door in another thread? Keep in mind that the far left is not the same as the moderate left. As much as the far left might want complete control, they won't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The infuriating thing about this is that when Obama was riding high, they were the ones screaming about how wonderful he was. He was a "lightworker" who stood above us "like a kind of a god." Those of us who saw through this were attacked as racists and monsters. Now that his failures, which are the direct result of policies that they demanded, are manifest, all of a sudden they're kicking him to the curb? Hell no. Those idiots forced him on the rest of us, they lied about his record, obscured his failures, protected him from any scrutiny and heaped abuse on those of us who saw him for what he was, and now they think that they get a pass? The hell with that. They own him.
    Reminds me of when most Americans (moderate right at the time? Don't know) didn't like Bush after they voted him back in. My attitude was that they made their bed and now they can lie in it. So I'll stand by those words. I personally don't think I'd be happy with anybody in office.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I personally don't think I'd be happy with anybody in office.
    So, you're all for keeping 0shithead on as a dictator. Is that accurate?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    So, you're all for keeping 0shithead on as a dictator. Is that accurate?
    Not really, but who do you replace him with?

    I've been indifferent about politics for a while now.

    I want a President who is concerned for all the people of all classes and races and doesn't heed to corporations and special interest groups. I also want somebody who doesn't go to war easily.

    WHY IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Not really, but who do you replace him with?

    I've been indifferent about politics for a while now.

    I want a President who is concerned for all the people of all classes and races and doesn't heed to corporations and special interest groups. I also want somebody who doesn't go to war easily.

    WHY IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?
    Quite frankly, I dont' give a shit if the president is concerned about me or not. I just want him, the congress, the court, all the agencies and the hundreds of thousands of bureaucrats to stay out of my business and pocketbook.

    As far as one who doesn't go to war easily, good luck with that. You know, the Founders were against a standing army; that's why it has to be funded every two years, per the Constitution. They, the Founders, rightly proclaimed that a standing army is a threat to liberty.

    Don't know if you've ever seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

    The full lenght versions are also available on youtube.

    Combine the immense power of the military, the immense power of the surveillance engine with a power hungry, wannabe socialist dictator and you figure out what's in store.

    The only solution to ensure liberty is the abolishment of the federal government and the restructuring of the 50 states into more practical, governable confederations.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,985
    As far as one who doesn't go to war easily, good luck with that. You know, the Founders were against a standing army;
    You have some factual evidence to back that up right? Some historical document or Federalist Paper that backs this up.

    that's why it has to be funded every two years, per the Constitution.
    Hence the reason their budget is passed for the DoD every year.


    They, the Founders, rightly proclaimed that a standing army is a threat to liberty
    Link?

    You are a stark raving lunatic and we are witnessing your mental meltdown right here on CU. This bit of mindless moon bat gibberish proves it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Not really, but who do you replace him with?

    I've been indifferent about politics for a while now.

    I want a President who is concerned for all the people of all classes and races and doesn't heed to corporations and special interest groups. I also want somebody who doesn't go to war easily.

    WHY IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?
    Lanie...UnReb is one that you should REALLY just walk away from and leave him to his illness.

    Trust me on this. You won't ever get anything approaching a sane answer from someone who thinks the only solution for the current problems in the country is secession by the red states.

    He talks as crazy as the nuttiest people on DU who want all the Liberal states to become part of Canada.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You have some factual evidence to back that up right? Some historical document or Federalist Paper that backs this up..
    You don't know much about this country and it's founding, do you. You ever heard of James Madison? "In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people." (emphasis added)

    There's plenty more but if you do your own research perhaps you'll retain some of the information and won't continue to come off as the chronic CU buffoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Hence the reason their budget is passed for the DoD every year.
    Like I stated above, you don't know much about this country and it's founding, do you. Once again, do you own research and learn why the Founders put the following provision in Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution: "To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;"

    Why the DoD budget is passed every year is a direct result of precisely what Eisenhower warned against.


    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Link?
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You are a stark raving lunatic and we are witnessing your mental meltdown right here on CU. This bit of mindless moon bat gibberish proves it.
    So, in your opinion, I'm a 'moonbat' for quoting the Founding Fathers. Once again, you've displayed your pathetic ignorance and arrogance to all. Way to go, boy.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    You don't know much about this country and it's founding, do you. You ever heard of James Madison? "In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people." (emphasis added)

    There's plenty more but if you do your own research perhaps you'll retain some of the information and won't continue to come off as the chronic CU buffoon.
    Yup. Im just gonna say what everyone else who reads your crap is thinking. What you really know about the Constitution...not what you THINK you know...wouldn't fill half of a thimble.

    I know plenty about the founding of this Nation. You can quote personal opinions by one of the Founding Fathers all you want...but that doesn't make it law.

    You won't find Madison's quote that you cited anywhere in the Constitution.

    And at the end of the day that's what counts. Not your ranting bullshit.


    Like I stated above, you don't know much about this country and it's founding, do you. Once again, do you own research and learn why the Founders put the following provision in Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution: "To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;"
    Hence the reason the "Appropriation of Money to that Use" expires at the end of a year. The budget for the military indeed doesn't run for a term of longer than two years. It runs for a period of exactly ONE year. Then it is renewed...for another period of ONE year.

    You're an idiot.

    Why the DoD budget is passed every year is a direct result of precisely what Eisenhower warned against.
    No it's passed in accordance with Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution.

    Oh and Ike was warning people about Communism...not our own Government.


    So, in your opinion, I'm a 'moonbat' for quoting the Founding Fathers. Once again, you've displayed your pathetic ignorance and arrogance to all. Way to go, boy.
    No because you want to equate the military as a threat to Liberty...just like the DUmmies do. THAT is why you're no better than the DUmmies. That is why you're a bat shit crazy barking moon bat.


    How is the President supposed to live up to his responsibilities to defend the country from all enemies foreign and domestic if there wasn't a standing army to defend the people?

    Your bullshit ranting is weak on it's own...but when it's held up to the light of reality...it and you...are just plain pathetic.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Lanie...UnReb is one that you should REALLY just walk away from and leave him to his illness.

    Trust me on this. You won't ever get anything approaching a sane answer from someone who thinks the only solution for the current problems in the country is secession by the red states.

    He talks as crazy as the nuttiest people on DU who want all the Liberal states to become part of Canada.
    Once again you resort to lying. I never said secession by the red states or joining Canada (unless, of course, certain northern states should decide that that is in their best interest). I'll type this slowly so that you might get it this time: The only solution to the current problems is the abolishment of the federal government and for the 50 states to divide into various compacts/confederations that preserve liberty and return the consent of the governed to the People.

    BTW, in the Founders day you would have been a Loyalist.

    Question: have you ever bothered to read the Declaration of Independence or are you too wrapped up in the length of Miley Cyris' tongue to bother with such trivial pursuits?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Once again you resort to lying. I never said secession by the red states or joining Canada (unless, of course, certain northern states should decide that that is in their best interest). I'll type this slowly so that you might get it this time: The only solution to the current problems is the abolishment of the federal government and for the 50 states to divide into various compacts/confederations that preserve liberty and return the consent of the governed to the People.
    And yet what you just did is propose secession and a return to a form of government for this country (Articles of Confederation) that failed when tried before.

    The entire reason we have the Constitution...and the Bill of Rights is because what you seem to think is some kind of grand stroke of genius FAILED.

    And if it didn't work when there were only 13 States and a couple million people...what makes you think it would work now with 50 states and over 300 million people?



    BTW, in the Founders day you would have been a Loyalist.
    Yeah...ok. Sure.

    You'd have been shot as a traitor...to the Colonists.

    Question: have you ever bothered to read the Declaration of Independence
    Of course I have. Many times. Which is why I know that you're so full of shit and don't know half of what you think you do about the Declaration or the Constitution.


    or are you too wrapped up in the length of Miley Cyris' tongue to bother with such trivial pursuits?
    Who?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •