Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    2:28pm NBC 4 IDs shooter as 34 year-old Texas man who stole ID.

    2:28pm - BuzzFeed Politics attempts to make NRA part of the story.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    2:39pm - Per Pete Williams shooter is Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth Texas who just started working for the Navy as a civilian contractor. Still, he used the ID card of someone else who had recently been demoted, so badge was still working.

    2:37pm - Police want people to call 1-800-CALL-FBI with tips on two suspects still at large. A black man, 40-50 years old in olive drab military uniform. Also a white man in tan khaki Navy uniform wearing a beret.

    Police stress that suspects might not be in military; just dressed
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    There are people I know from my company who work at that site. Perhaps I will appreciate the jokes on this thread more when I know that they are all right.
    I have friends throughout the area, too, not to mention having been at FT Hood for Nidal Hasan's rampage. Pardon our gallows humor and we'll pardon your self-righteous indignation.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    2:23pm - NBC's Pete Williams reports that the man who was misidentified as the shooter by NBC and CBS is now being interviewed by police to ascertain why his ID was found on the shooter.

    2:21pm - Holmes-Norton says "all the loose guns in DC" mean that you don't need a terrorist to commit an act like the Navy Yard shooting.

    2:19pm - Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) says we haven't seen a day like this since 9-11. Reports that their will be a moment of silence in Congress for the victims.


    Holmes-Norton is an oxygen thief of the highest order.
    EH-N seems to have forgotten FT Hood, the DC sniper, Virginia Tech, the movie theater shooter, the school shooting in Connecticut. .. all of which occurred in gun-free zones. She is a compelling argument for term limits and against DC statehood.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    2:39pm - Per Pete Williams shooter is Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth Texas who just started working for the Navy as a civilian contractor. Still, he used the ID card of someone else who had recently been demoted, so badge was still working.

    2:37pm - Police want people to call 1-800-CALL-FBI with tips on two suspects still at large. A black man, 40-50 years old in olive drab military uniform. Also a white man in tan khaki Navy uniform wearing a beret.

    Police stress that suspects might not be in military; just dressed
    This might actually turn out to be workplace violence.

    Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    4:00pm - Good news: MedStar Washington Hospital Center says two of three victims are in surgery, but will recover. Third will not require surgery, and is also expected to fully recover. They do not expect any more patients from the scene.

    3:58pm - Daily Beast has already run an op-ed by David Frum using today's mass shooting as reason to argue in favor of restricting American's Second Amendment rights.

    3:54pm - CNN just "broke" the news identifying the shooter as Aaron Alexis, more than an hour after other outlets broke the news.

    3:40pm - AP speculates that the the dead shooter is from Texas, has "a criminal record there and to be a holder of a concealed carry weapon permit."

    3:36pm - NBC 4 reports the dead shooter, Aaron Alexis, was arrested in 2010 for illegally discharging a firearm.

    3:23pm - Breitbart editor-in-chief Joel Pollak writes: "I have spent some time at the Navy Yard, observing a military trial when I was in law school. The compound is large and well-guarded, and an important landmark in southeast Washington, DC. Navy personnel take security very seriously and consider each separate building to be a "ship"--i.e. stairwells are referred to as "ladders," and so on. The Navy Yard has a long and storied history and it is terrible to know that it has now been marred by such a terrible event."

    3:10pm - NBC 4 says security video shows shooter entering building with a shotgun. Police believe he might have stolen a semi-automatic 9MM pistol from the first security guard he shot with the shotgun. He then might have shot another guard who would have responded carrying a AR-15 assault rifle, and then the shooter grabbed and used that. This is all speculative; what the media is reporting what the police are investigating.

    3:10pm - DC Nationals cancel tonight's game. Rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

    3:07pm - Earlier this morning on CNN, anchor Carol Costello apparently forgot about the 2009 Fort Hood massacre. "This seems so unusual to me that a gunman could create this kind of havoc at a U.S. military facility," Costello said. She then asked, "Have you ever heard of it happening before, Brian?"
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    4:20pm -- DC Mayor Vice Gray updates death toll to 13, including shooter.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    4:44pm - The AP reports that Aaron Alexis was a full-time Navy reservist from May 2007 until January 2011. No one is yet sure if he was cleared to work at the Navy Yard.

    4:39pm - Senate lifts some security restrictions:

    Senate officials lifted some restrictions on their side of the U.S. Capitol complex Monday while authorities searched for a potential second suspect in the Navy Yard shootings.

    Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer restricted people from leaving or entering Senate buildings for part of the day. By late afternoon, he said people would be allowed to leave the buildings but only senators and staff would be allowed to enter before Tuesday.

    4:35pm - The Smoking Gun reports that Aaron Alexis was arrested in 2010 for discharging a firearm. Alexis claimed it was an accident that occurred when he was cleaning his firearm. No charges were filed.

    4:31pm - Law enforcement officials confirmed that Alexis did not shoot himself; he died in a shoot out with police.

    4:26pm - The FBI has officially identified the dead shooter as Aaron Alexis and and posted his photo. The FBI is looking for any information on the shooter; "No information is too small."
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    4:44pm - The AP reports that Aaron Alexis was a full-time Navy reservist from May 2007 until January 2011. No one is yet sure if he was cleared to work at the Navy Yard.

    4:39pm - Senate lifts some security restrictions:
    Senate officials lifted some restrictions on their side of the U.S. Capitol complex Monday while authorities searched for a potential second suspect in the Navy Yard shootings.

    Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer restricted people from leaving or entering Senate buildings for part of the day. By late afternoon, he said people would be allowed to leave the buildings but only senators and staff would be allowed to enter before Tuesday.

    4:35pm - The Smoking Gun reports that Aaron Alexis was arrested in 2010 for discharging a firearm. Alexis claimed it was an accident that occurred when he was cleaning his firearm. No charges were filed.

    4:31pm - Law enforcement officials confirmed that Alexis did not shoot himself; he died in a shoot out with police.

    4:26pm - The FBI has officially identified the dead shooter as Aaron Alexis and and posted his photo. The FBI is looking for any information on the shooter; "No information is too small."
    I find it completely mindboggling that the NSA doesn't already have Alexis' complete electronic history at this point in time, up to and including what kind of baby formula his mother fed him and whether she went with Pampers or regular cotton diapers.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I have friends throughout the area, too, not to mention having been at FT Hood for Nidal Hasan's rampage. Pardon our gallows humor and we'll pardon your self-righteous indignation.
    It wasn't indignation. It was, and is, great sadness.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    I find it completely mindboggling that the NSA doesn't already have Alexis' complete electronic history at this point in time, up to and including what kind of baby formula his mother fed him and whether she went with Pampers or regular cotton diapers.
    They'll at least have his Navy records which is almost as detailed.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Every liberals first gut reaction is to blame white conservative tea party members, have they been right at all?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •