Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    It would seem to me that if a doctor had a legitimate reason to be asking those questions, he would need to conduct real medical tests for the information he actually needs.

If for example you are at risk of having hepatitis and if that would be a problem with the medication for another condition (as some popular commercial keeps saying it does) then regardless of your answer to a question designed to determine your risk of exposure to hepatitis, the doctor had better be testing your blood to see if you have or have not been exposed.

This sounds like a bid for statistical data and actuarial data. If indeed we are headed for a Single Payer system then both kinds of data would only be useful to long term budgeting and strategies. In the absence of a commitment to Single Payer then to solicit and record such data is simply a gaping opportunity for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It would seem to me that if a doctor had a legitimate reason to be asking those questions, he would need to conduct real medical tests for the information he actually needs.

If for example you are at risk of having hepatitis and if that would be a problem with the medication for another condition (as some popular commercial keeps saying it does) then regardless of your answer to a question designed to determine your risk of exposure to hepatitis, the doctor had better be testing your blood to see if you have or have not been exposed.

This sounds like a bid for statistical data and actuarial data. If indeed we are headed for a Single Payer system then both kinds of data would only be useful to long term budgeting and strategies. In the absence of a commitment to Single Payer then to solicit and record such data is simply a gaping opportunity for abuse.
    I have no doubt you will eventually stumble into the understanding of what is actually taking place but by then it will be far too late.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have no doubt you will eventually stumble into the understanding of what is actually taking place but by then it will be far too late.
    Star chambers? Elimination schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm wondering what would be the best response. Clearly it's none of their business, but I'm sure someone here can think of a clever, safe response to keep Obama and his inept cronies out of our bedrooms.
    MYOB!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Give the questioner a smile, hand them a business card and say ...

"Here, have your people contact my lawyers, and then get back to me."
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now you are on their beligerent whitey list and they will search your house for guns and bibles.
    Thank God. We can talk Scripture.

But that boating accident I had last summer? Every last gun I had went to the bottom of the lake.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Maybe they'll decide I need it really badly and send me a hot-looking man.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Why can't it be both? The accumulation of that kind of data is a gaping opportunity for abuse, even if the reason for acquiring it seems legitimate, which is one of the reasons that the governing class favors single payer. Not only does it foster dependency on government and expand its power, but it gives the feds a rationale for inquiring about our most personal and private activities. This is why single payer is a tyrannical expansion of government. Is any of this getting through?

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Thank God. We can talk Scripture.

But that boating accident I had last summer? Every last gun I had went to the bottom of the lake.
    You realize that they will drop a sonar buoy to confirm that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe they'll decide I need it really badly and send me a hot-looking man.
    It's Obamacare. Medical decisions will be based on political criteria, so Nancy Pelosi will get a hot-looking man, and you'll get one of these guys:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

It's Obamacare. Medical decisions will be based on political criteria, so Nancy Pelosi will get a hot-looking man, and you'll get one of these guys:

I think the Obama administrations idea of a hot man would be a masculine woman with a mullet.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I could deal with the third one from the left.