Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Islam as a religion cannot possibly support that.
    And yet it does. Reality is often less than ideal.

Even if they don't believe in rape, that's at least adultery to have sex with somebody who isn't one's wife.
    By our definition of adultery, yes; not by theirs. I won't belabor the point, but it's pretty clear you're totally unfamiliar with Islamic culture and you're trying to apply the few things you have heard about it to a framework based on your life in an egalitarian Western society, which is leading you to incredibly-wrong conclusions.

Bigotry doesn't make sense. To me, this goes right up there with the Klan declaring their hatred of Jews, but yet they supposedly worship one. Bigots don't make sense. This isn't about wanting to defend Islam. This is about the fact that bigots don't make sense. They boggle my mind at times.
    Reality was around a long time before philosophers of the Enlightenment came up with the Social Contract. Reality always wins, it doesn't have to rationalize and justify the result when many conflicting undercurrents of thought collide, and anyone who expects it to is just asking for disaster.

Islam as a religion cannot possibly support that. Even if they don't believe in rape, that's at least adultery to have sex with somebody who isn't one's wife. Biogtry doesn't make sense. To me, this goes right up there with the Klan declaring their hatred of Jews, but yet they supposedly worship one. Bigots don't make sense. This isn't about wanting to defend Islam. This is about the fact that bigots don't make sense. They boggle my mind at times.

I have a new idea for a Fatwa. How about we kill all the violent sexists and Christphobes?
    Islam, as a religion, does support that. The Qur'an, the Sunnah and the Hadiths explicitly affirm the right of Muslims to take women in war as concubines. As the article accurately notes:

“Marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four… or what your right hands possess.” Islam’s ulema, or “scholars,” are unanimously agreed that “what your right hands possess” is, according to Islamic law, simply a sex-slave.
    There are numerous examples in the various Islamic texts, as well as in the text of Sharia law (Umdat al-Salik, Reliance of the Traveller o9.13, which states that when a child or woman is taken captive by Muslims, they become slaves by the mere fact of their capture and a woman's previous marriage is immediately annulled), but while some argue that these are antiquated and not practiced today, this is not true. Most Muslim states allowed Muslims to keep slaves legally until very recently, and only signed off on the UN Convention Against Slavery under pressure from western nations, but their compliance with the Convention has never been more than superficial. Islamic scholars often let the mask slip and argue for chattel slavery. Here are some examples:

http://rt.com/news/activist-sex-sold-war/
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10382 (an actual current site that advises Muslims on proper conduct, in this case, the legality of slavery)

Islamic slavery isn't ancient history. It's not even history, so much as current events.

I read somewhere a while back in one of these countries (can't remember which one and I'm sure somebody's going to want a link). Islamic extremists went after Muslims/mosques for being too moderate. I was telling my sister this was proof that Muslims in general weren't evil, but the ones who are are crazy. They're just flat out crazy.

And yes, I'll get to work looking for that link.
    That's pretty common. Al Qaeda used to bomb Shia mosques in Iraq regularly, and the Islamic concept of takfir, which is apostasy, allows Muslims to make war on those Muslims who are insufficiently read into Islam as they see it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay so this is the Sheikh not one of the woman just so I'm clear?
    looks like ANTHONY WIENER in his halloween costume!!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Islam, as a religion, does support that. The Qur'an, the Sunnah and the Hadiths explicitly affirm the right of Muslims to take women in war as concubines. As the article accurately notes:

“Marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four… or what your right hands possess.” Islam’s ulema, or “scholars,” are unanimously agreed that “what your right hands possess” is, according to Islamic law, simply a sex-slave.
    There are numerous examples in the various Islamic texts, as well as in the text of Sharia law (Umdat al-Salik, Reliance of the Traveller o9.13, which states that when a child or woman is taken captive by Muslims, they become slaves by the mere fact of their capture and a woman's previous marriage is immediately annulled), but while some argue that these are antiquated and not practiced today, this is not true. Most Muslim states allowed Muslims to keep slaves legally until very recently, and only signed off on the UN Convention Against Slavery under pressure from western nations, but their compliance with the Convention has never been more than superficial. Islamic scholars often let the mask slip and argue for chattel slavery. Here are some examples:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10382 (an actual current site that advises Muslims on proper conduct, in this case, the legality of slavery)

Islamic slavery isn't ancient history. It's not even history, so much as current events.

That's pretty common. Al Qaeda used to bomb Shia mosques in Iraq regularly, and the Islamic concept of takfir, which is apostasy, allows Muslims to make war on those Muslims who are insufficiently read into Islam as they see it.
    Okay, the verse you quoted says they have to be married. Are the women who are slaves considered married?

Disclaimer: I still think these guys should be killed. I'm just trying to look at this analytically. How can they possibly think their god is okay with this? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I thought that was Whoopi Goldberg.

This week, O'Reilly Factor producer Jesse Watters recounted his Labor Day weekend trip to Washington, D.C., during which he dropped in on the Islamic Society of North America's convention.

The convention drew a large crowd, and Jesse was able to interview a number of the attendees, both Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/09/15...#ixzz2fBFrWzci

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Okay, I just looked at your links. What the crap! Whoa! Okay, forget what I asked before.

Machetes for all women now!

Sex slaves? Do they also cook and clean?

Praise be to Allaah.

Fucking savages.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Since these men are the number one threat to women, I say we castrate all of them, put their balls in a crock pot, throw in some bacon and curry and feed it to them for dinner.

Too much?