Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I look at it this way if some dummy had a backpack full of money and just lost it (if it was me I'd staple it to myself) does he/she really deserve to keep it?
    Dude, you want to discourage working hard for your money by taking their money?

Fabulous Poster
    I'll be honest and living in Florida might have something to do with it.

If it was as described, then I would look for the owner and return it. THat's because that isn't drug money kind of money, it's worked and saved money kind of money. If I found a backpack that was truly full of cash, like stuffed with twenties and fifties , then I would assume that it was crime money, put it away and wait to see if it makes the news that anyone lost it. After a couple of weeks, it's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Dude, you want to discourage working hard for your money by taking their money?
    There's a big difference between finding something someone lost and having something forcibly removed from you at the point of a gun like the government does so your attempt at snark is a big ball of fail.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    My grandfather just chimed in. I can hear him in my head clear as a bell as I walked onto the porch with a shiny hub cap.

Granddaddy - "Nova, where did you get that?"

Nova - "I found it."

Granddaddy - "Who does it belong to?"

Nova - "I don't know."

Grandaddy - " But you knew it wasn't yours, right?"

Nova - "Yeah, but...."

Grandaddy - "But nothing, go put it back where you found it."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My grandfather just chimed in. I can hear him in my head clear as a bell as I walked onto the porch with a shiny hub cap.

Granddaddy - "Nova, where did you get that?"

Nova - "I found it."

Granddaddy - "Who does it belong to?"

Nova - "I don't know."

Grandaddy - " But you knew it wasn't yours, right?"

Nova - "Yeah, but...."

Grandaddy - "But nothing, go put it back where you found it."
    Yeah, honest people are so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    There's a big difference between finding something someone lost and having something forcibly removed from you at the point of a gun like the government does so your attempt at snark is a big ball of fail.
    Oh the drama.

Oh the drama.
    No, you decided to interject with such stupidity that I still haven't recovered from the headache it gave me. You tried to equate apples to Brazil nuts. I pointed out your folly. You believe finding something and having something forcibly taken from you as the same thing. I earn what I make and should $20 fall out of my pocket, it's an accidental loss. However, when I get my paycheck and see $700 of deduction for assorted taxes, that is something forcibly taken from me most of which benefit others. But since you're too dense to see the difference it seems as though I'm pissing up a rope here.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No, you decided to interject with such stupidity that I still haven't recovered from the headache it gave me. You tried to equate apples to Brazil nuts. I pointed out your folly. You believe finding something and having something forcibly taken from you as the same thing. I earn what I make and should $20 fall out of my pocket, it's an accidental loss. However, when I get my paycheck and see $700 of deduction for assorted taxes, that is something forcibly taken from me most of which benefit others. But since you're too dense to see the difference it seems as though I'm pissing up a rope here.
    You act like you're the only one paying taxes on what you don't want. We all pay taxes on what we don't want, and I'm tired of being old that conservative feelings on this are somehow more important than liberal ones. I don't go screaming theft when I see taxes taken out of my check. I might advocate for reform, but I don't scream out theft.

The travelers checks would of been replaced and no good to the person finding them. Anyone trying to use one might find themselves arrested. I would of turned in the backpack. It would be easy to identify the owner thanks to the passport.

You act like you're the only one paying taxes on what you don't want. We all pay taxes on what we don't want, and I'm tired of being old that conservative feelings on this are somehow more important than liberal ones. I don't go screaming theft when I see taxes taken out of my check. I might advocate for reform, but I don't scream out theft.
    Taking anything at the point of a gun is theft. However, the reason why the "conservative feelings" are the right feelings is because conservatives want our tax dollars to go to things specifically outlined in the Constitution. You want our tax dollars to go to the arts, a failing education system, welfare recipients, etc. Big difference.