Thread: NHL 2013-2014

Hybrid View

1. #1 NHL 2013-2014 
    So preseason is underway. Wings treated the Penguins like a red headed step child today. Preseason, I know, but still put a smile on my face.

I think the Eastern conference is going to be getting a wake up call early on when they see what Detroit can play like when not constantly travelling back and forth from the west coast.

Promises to be an exciting year with the shuffling of divisions.

I'm calling Wings and Blackhawks for Stanley Cup Finals.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

All I know is that my Flyboys won't sniff the Cup. A playoff team, maybe because of the weak division they're in but they'll be lucky to get passed the first round.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    All I know is that my Flyboys won't sniff the Cup. A playoff team, maybe because of the weak division they're in but they'll be lucky to get passed the first round.
    Flyers made some decent acquisitions this off-season. I don't see the Penguins being the power house they were. Their net presence is going to be their weakness, and many of the other teams in the conference got some serious offense upgrades this year. Capitols don't have a snowballs chance of seeing the play-offs. Canes probably not as well. New Jersey is a big question mark, but they'll still probably be no slouch. Islanders probably at the same level as New Jersey, and the Rangers will probably be as strong as they have been. I'd put the Flyers at probably 3rd division, or in one of the 2 free slots.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I read somewhere they are picked as the 5th best team in the NHL, the lockout hurt their second year players. I won't count them out yet.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly