Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You're quite welcome. After all, if you present a bunch of loons like Adbusters as serious critics of media, then you deserve what you get.
    Ditto on the Horowitz noise.

BTW, you continue to miss the point. It's not that Time is entertaining when they should be informing, it's that they are omitting cover stories from their domestic editions in order to protect Obama. This is not the same thing, although the two problems do tend to intersect.
    I am not missing it; I am refuting it. Rejecting it, really.

BTW, DU types used to do the same thing way back in the day when Bush was president. Same magazine. Different covers. One worse for the president outside of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Ditto on the Horowitz noise.
    Except, of course, that David Horowitz isn't a lunatic. Adbusters is, by its own admission, anti-capitalist and one of the organizers of OWS. They have zero credibility regarding anything.

I am not missing it; I am refuting it. Rejecting it, really.

BTW, DU types used to do the same thing way back in the day when Bush was president. Same magazine. Different covers. One worse for the president outside of the United States.
    Rejecting, yes, but not refuting. That would require that you actually address the arguments with counter-arguments, something that you don't do. As for the DU statement, that could be proven with a link. Meanwhile, here's Mark Steyn's take on the controversy:

Hold the Front Page

By Mark Steyn
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...age-mark-steyn

September 15, 2013 10:59 AM

My weekend column is about Putin’s urge to kick a man when he’s down. Having initially misread his New York Times piece, Peggy Noonan now gets the point:

He is telling the world he knows how to correct America, tell it off, criticize it for its conceit. And he does it right to their faces, not in a Moscow interview or a St. Petersburg speech. He is rubbing America’s nose in it for the delectation of its friends, occasional friends, foes and occasional foes.

All those friends and foes around the planet get it, too. Time magazine publishes four global editions: The cover story of the Europe/Africa edition, the Asia edition, and the Pacific edition reflect what actually happened this week; the cover story of the U.S. edition is some heartwarming fluff about nothing. The palace guard in the America media are doing a straddle Pravda and Comical Ali never had to attempt — telling the truth to the world while keeping their domestic readership in the dark.

Hence, the cooing coverage of this weekend’s “agreement.” A “deal” that pretends to be about chemical-weapons inspections is, in fact, a deal that “the U.S. will not interfere in Syria’s civil war.” Under the absurd plans to send international inspectors into a war zone is an agreement by Obama and Putin that what happened to a U.S. client in Egypt and a French client in Tunisia and an Anglo-American-French client in Libya will not be permitted to happen to a Russo-Iranian client in Syria.

Whether Obama knows that’s what he’s signed on to is unclear. But, if you don’t think the Middle East and the wider world get that message, you must be reading the U.S. edition of Time.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Except, of course, that David Horowitz isn't a lunatic.
    I disagree but regardless, he is a bigot, possibly a racist, and since he holds the freedom of religion in contempt, probably doesn't really understand the United States very well. As far as his attacking anyone that doesn't bow down to the nation of Israel, meh. Guys like that are a dime a dozen.

Adbusters is, by its own admission, anti-capitalist and one of the organizers of OWS.
    It was their idea.

They have zero credibility regarding anything.
    With you, anyway. So there's that.

Rejecting, yes, but not refuting. That would require that you actually address the arguments with counter-arguments, something that you don't do.
    Yes, I did. It showed other instances of that magazine doing the same thing. Try not to be so thick.

As for the DU statement, that could be proven with a link.
    Yea, I suppose. Not that it would matter. You are an ideologue. Facts do not enter into your calculus.

Meanwhile, here's Mark Steyn's take on the controversy:

Hold the Front Page

By Mark Steyn
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...age-mark-steyn

September 15, 2013 10:59 AM

My weekend column is about Putin’s urge to kick a man when he’s down. Having initially misread his New York Times piece, Peggy Noonan now gets the point:

He is telling the world he knows how to correct America, tell it off, criticize it for its conceit. And he does it right to their faces, not in a Moscow interview or a St. Petersburg speech. He is rubbing America’s nose in it for the delectation of its friends, occasional friends, foes and occasional foes.

All those friends and foes around the planet get it, too. Time magazine publishes four global editions: The cover story of the Europe/Africa edition, the Asia edition, and the Pacific edition reflect what actually happened this week; the cover story of the U.S. edition is some heartwarming fluff about nothing. The palace guard in the America media are doing a straddle Pravda and Comical Ali never had to attempt — telling the truth to the world while keeping their domestic readership in the dark.

Hence, the cooing coverage of this weekend’s “agreement.” A “deal” that pretends to be about chemical-weapons inspections is, in fact, a deal that “the U.S. will not interfere in Syria’s civil war.” Under the absurd plans to send international inspectors into a war zone is an agreement by Obama and Putin that what happened to a U.S. client in Egypt and a French client in Tunisia and an Anglo-American-French client in Libya will not be permitted to happen to a Russo-Iranian client in Syria.

Whether Obama knows that’s what he’s signed on to is unclear. But, if you don’t think the Middle East and the wider world get that message, you must be reading the U.S. edition of Time.
    Like I give a shit. He obviously doesn't really look past what he thinks confirms his bias.

I disagree but regardless, he is a bigot, possibly a racist, and since he holds the freedom of religion in contempt, probably doesn't really understand the United States very well. As far as his attacking anyone that doesn't bow down to the nation of Israel, meh. Guys like that are a dime a dozen.
    Horowitz is a bigot? Can you back that up? For that matter, he is perfectly fine with freedom of religion, but has a problem with religions which do not extend the same courtesy to others. The anti-Israeli thing is getting old, but then, it's what we've come to expect from you when we're discussing an actual democracy, rather than the Islamic totalitarians that you sympathize with.

It was their idea.

Yes, it was. And convincing a gaggle of semi-literate, unemployed leftists with poor hygiene to occupy public and private property and trash it isn't exactly something to be proud of, unless, of course, that's your idea of intelligent discourse.

BTW, the poster sums it up nicely. OWS: Dancing on a load of bull.

With you, anyway. So there's that.
    With anyone who has ever held a job, owned a home or purchased a bar of soap, too.

Yes, I did. It showed other instances of that magazine doing the same thing. Try not to be so thick.
    All of the examples shown in this thread were during the Obama administration. I asked for a link that proved that Time had done this under Bush, which you claimed had occurred. From your post:

"BTW, DU types used to do the same thing way back in the day when Bush was president. Same magazine. Different covers. One worse for the president outside of the United States."

If you think that 2011 was during the Bush administration, then perhaps you should watch who you call thick.

Yea, I suppose. Not that it would matter. You are an ideologue. Facts do not enter into your calculus.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Like I give a shit. He obviously doesn't really look past what he thinks confirms his bias.
    Again, Pot, meet Kettle. Meanwhile, you continue to make unsubstantiated claims, and fail to provide proof.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 09-20-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Again, Pot, meet Kettle. Meanwhile, you continue to make unsubstantiated claims, and fail to provide proof.
    Imagine me surprised.........
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Thanks for your input.
    Oh my! Sarc much, AD?

Ody ...

Still my hero in here, you absolute, master of the debate, you! (Big-time ... but said-it-anyway-Blush!!!)

Outta here!
    American By Choice ~ 1980