Thread: 12THMAN

1. #1 12THMAN 
    $115,000 for this:

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee paid $115,000 for this vanity "12THMAN" license plate. He said he plans to give the plates to a decorated war veteran who graduated from Texas A&M.

Story and news vid

Anyone watching the game on Sat may see more on this story then......
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Great story.

I had no idea vanity plates were even auctioned off by states, I am behind on the times.

Since November 2009, Texans have purchased more than 156,000 My Plates, putting more than $18.4M in the state's general revenue fund.

The man honored as an official 12THMAN in front of 88,000 roaring Aggies didn’t even know it was coming. Dan Moran was just excited he was getting to attend the college game of the season at Kyle Field, home of the 12THMAN, as a proud member of the Class of 2003.

Then in the second quarter, Moran found himself in the company of Governor Rick Perry, as they made their way toward the east end zone. There, Moran was joined by Texas A&M University President R. Bowen Loftin, Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Board Chairman John Walker III, and My Plates President Steve Farrar. Walker presented Moran with the one and only 12THMAN license plate.

Texas A&M Regent Tony Buzbee, Class of 1990, former Marine Corps infantry officer and winner of the 12THMAN Plate Auction, won the plate with a bid of $115,000 Thursday and instructed that the plate be given to Moran.

Story
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.