Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Boy, 3, among 13 injured in Chicago park shooting 
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...yards/2841251/



    Three people, including a 3-year-old boy, are in critical condition Friday after an apparent gang-related shooting at a neighborhood basketball court in Chicago that left up to 13 people injured.

    At least 10 ambulances were sent to the site in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood after 10 p.m. Thursday, WGN-TV reports. No deaths were reported.

    Police spokesman Ron Gaines said that victims were being interviewed to determine the circumstances of the shooting. As of Friday morning, no arrests have been reported.

    A witness, Julian Harris, told the Chicago Sun-Times that dreadlocked men fired at him from a gray sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people. He said his 3-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
    Human lives matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    The article later says that it's probably gang related, which is what I expected. Sometimes, I wish that if we're going to use our force, it would be on the gangs here before going across the ocean.
    Human lives matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The article later says that it's probably gang related, which is what I expected. Sometimes, I wish that if we're going to use our force, it would be on the gangs here before going across the ocean.
    It will never happen. Those whom you support will simply ignore this like they ignored the 600 or so shootings in Chicago last year, most if not all were gang related. Those whom you support wold rather focus on white people who shoot up schools and movie theaters.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It will never happen. Those whom you support will simply ignore this like they ignored the 600 or so shootings in Chicago last year, most if not all were gang related. Those whom you support wold rather focus on white people who shoot up schools and movie theaters.
    I don't see Democrats or Republicans declaring war on gangs.
    Human lives matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,750
    Hopefully the relaxation of gun laws in Chicago will help their murder rate go down.

    No matter what, the shooting of children is always sad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't see Democrats or Republicans declaring war on gangs.
    And lose the black and latino vote (D) or be declared racists (R) by Jesse, Al and La Raza? You are kidding, right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    And lose the black and latino vote (D) or be declared racists (R) by Jesse, Al and La Raza? You are kidding, right?
    True.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •