Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Boy, 3, among 13 injured in Chicago park shooting 
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,774
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...yards/2841251/



    Three people, including a 3-year-old boy, are in critical condition Friday after an apparent gang-related shooting at a neighborhood basketball court in Chicago that left up to 13 people injured.

    At least 10 ambulances were sent to the site in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood after 10 p.m. Thursday, WGN-TV reports. No deaths were reported.

    Police spokesman Ron Gaines said that victims were being interviewed to determine the circumstances of the shooting. As of Friday morning, no arrests have been reported.

    A witness, Julian Harris, told the Chicago Sun-Times that dreadlocked men fired at him from a gray sedan before turning toward Cornell Square Park and firing at people. He said his 3-year-old nephew was wounded in the cheek.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,774
    The article later says that it's probably gang related, which is what I expected. Sometimes, I wish that if we're going to use our force, it would be on the gangs here before going across the ocean.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The article later says that it's probably gang related, which is what I expected. Sometimes, I wish that if we're going to use our force, it would be on the gangs here before going across the ocean.
    It will never happen. Those whom you support will simply ignore this like they ignored the 600 or so shootings in Chicago last year, most if not all were gang related. Those whom you support wold rather focus on white people who shoot up schools and movie theaters.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It will never happen. Those whom you support will simply ignore this like they ignored the 600 or so shootings in Chicago last year, most if not all were gang related. Those whom you support wold rather focus on white people who shoot up schools and movie theaters.
    I don't see Democrats or Republicans declaring war on gangs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,132
    Hopefully the relaxation of gun laws in Chicago will help their murder rate go down.

    No matter what, the shooting of children is always sad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't see Democrats or Republicans declaring war on gangs.
    And lose the black and latino vote (D) or be declared racists (R) by Jesse, Al and La Raza? You are kidding, right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    And lose the black and latino vote (D) or be declared racists (R) by Jesse, Al and La Raza? You are kidding, right?
    True.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Hopefully the relaxation of gun laws in Chicago will help their murder rate go down.

    No matter what, the shooting of children is always sad.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    And lose the black and latino vote (D) or be declared racists (R) by Jesse, Al and La Raza? You are kidding, right?
    What is the point of running for office if not to improve the community? I once had a very leftist professor try to get us to feel sorry for drug dealers because they were at a disadvantage. It was in an African-American studies class with mostly black people. Most of those students weren't buying the ideology. As one of them brought up, they're making their money off the backs of blacks.

    When gang violence happens, it's usually at the expense of those who aren't white. I think those people would like to see the gangs gone. The problem with a white cop shooting one of them is 1) They are white and are automatically suspect, and 2) Some cops really do jump the gun too quickly.

    I would like to see a very well trained and well disciplined group of fighters who don't shoot too quickly, but will take out people known to be killers on the street. Since it's American soil, they would have to be enroute toward their next victim. I'd also like these groups of people to be non-whites so there isn't a lot of question as to whether action was legitimate or not.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,132
    Some of the neighborhoods in Chicago even the police try to avoid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •