Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Ex-communicate all three of them. And the entire Kennedy clan.

"He said Biden and Pelosi, while presenting themselves as good Catholics, have presented Church doctrine on abortion in a false and tendentious way.”

He is correct in attacking those two hypocrites claiming to be good Catholics.Pelosi claims to be a good Catholic/Christian going to receive common union with Christ while she advocates abortion on demand .With Biden, he is just plain dumb .

As for denying them Communion a Bishop in Texas has already denied communion to a Catholic very vocal pro abortion advocate and has pronounced the bans of ex communion over her when she refused to recant .

She has petitioned the Vatican for re instated but so far the Communion ban and excommunication stands !The issue is more sensative with a political figure due to the extreme anti religous nature of liberal politics so they go more slowly with them but at long last we have some more aggressive and faithful bishops who will deal with them .

They both know that what they're doing is against the teachings of Christ and his church and for the sake of political expediency they will attempt to bluster their way through it .It's about time the bishops take a stand on this issue and condemn those who dodge the churches teaching.They should answer for their Hypocrisy's Just as Kennedy will soon have to answer for his !

Biden and Pelosi have to choose between their loyalty to Christ's teachings and their political aspirations.This has been long past due from the bishops !

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Lets see: Let priests fondle little boys for decades and then try to cover it up and throw money at the problem.

Yep - everyone should listen to this powerful leadership model.
    Like Pelosi and Biden are any better...

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    As to excommunication for politicians like that, I've heard a lot of blather about it, but I've never seen anyone turned away at the communion rail.
    I don't believe Archbishop Burke in STL allowed it. He isn't exactly foreign, just recently left St Louis for the Vatican post. He created much controversy here. He not only denied communion, but excommunicated a priest who disagreed with him and threatened excommunication to the people in the parish leadership supporting that priest.

BTW, the 10-11k people watching the debate in StL (Palin came directly to us after the debate) was at StLouis University, a CATHOLIC institution. That ampitheater is a venue for concerts, etc, but it's interesting that the Republicans used it. The followers of the Annointed One was at the Pageant, in an area of St Louis populated with the far out libs, where you look out of place if you don't have piercings all over your body. There are some interesting restaurants there, but you have to be very careful to park in a well lighted area, not far from the restaurant, and walk quickly.

It's very telling in their choice of locations for the debate watching parties.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 10-03-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    Like Pelosi and Biden are any better...
    They’ve been convicted of child molestation and paid out multi-million dollar settlements therein? :eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The Vatican is correct on this. Not much else to say.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    They’ve been convicted of child molestation and paid out multi-million dollar settlements therein? :eek:
    I'm very aware of this. As a Catholic, I am disgusted with the way some of the leadership handled it. Not every Catholic, priest or Catholic leader is like that. Pelosi and Biden can't even explain themselves as politicians let alone explain Catholic doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    As to excommunication for politicians like that, I've heard a lot of blather about it, but I've never seen anyone turned away at the communion rail.
    Because most of these far left catholic ideologues attend far left catholic parishes where they more or less pay to have their favorite priests installed. Kerry for example attended a rogue church that was in complete defiance to church authority.

As for Vatican being a foreign entity - it's a global entity and what it says is no less binding on us than what the UN says. And given that the Vatican actually shares many of our values and is not a playground for tin pot dictators and other totalitarians - they are more credible when they do speak.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Because most of these far left catholic ideologues attend far left catholic parishes where they more or less pay to have their favorite priests installed. Kerry for example attended a rogue church that was in complete defiance to church authority.
    That's an odd way to describe the Paulist Fathers. The Paulist Center was right around the corner from where I lived in Boston; it's been there forever.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I'm very aware of this.
    The Catholic church is a fish that is rotten from the head down. Politics, a blind eye to genocide in WWII and silence to the destruction of pure innocence takes all validity from any opinion expressed by the Vatican, forever.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Power CUer
    That's rather strong. Like any church, they're certainly free to tell their flock the rules. They have absolutely no influence ourside their flock, however.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken