Thread: I AM A JOURNALIST. SO ARE YOU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I AM A JOURNALIST. SO ARE YOU. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    More from journalist Pitt!!!

Sat Sep 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
    WilliamPitt

I AM A JOURNALIST. SO ARE YOU.

Last edited Sat Sep 21, 2013, 05:53 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    If you decide to be.

The average Americans who joined the Occupy protests, witnessed police brutality, filmed it with their phones, and uploaded those images to the internet for all to see ARE JOURNALISTS.

Someone with a no-name nothing blog who chooses to follow and cover the news, offer information and analysis to inform others, IS A JOURNALIST.

The title is bestowed on anyone seeking to give people information they didn't have before. Thanks to the modern printing press known as the internet, we can all do that. If we do, WE ARE JOURNALISTS.

Arguments to the contrary not only piss on both the letter and spirit of the First Amendment, but mightily empower the bullshit factory that is modern "mainstream" news.

The most important reporting happening today is being done by tinkers, tailors, teachers, baristas, bricklayers, truck drivers, cabbies, and all the other people from every walk of life who didn't go to J-school and don't work for a media company owned by five rich guys you'll never meet. That reporting has changed the world, and will continue to do so, so long as they are free to do it.

The government CAN NOT be allowed to decide who is and is not a journalist. Arguments in favor of such a view are just another chapter in the ongoing blizzard of nonsense from the-government-is-always-right power-worshippers who have to defend everything this government does, no matter how preposterous.

I am a journalist. So are you, if you choose to be, and if you dedicate yourself to it.

Period, end of file.

We are all journalists!!!! Yay! Well...there are a few exceptions...

Response to ProSense (Reply #5)
    Sat Sep 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
    PowerToThePeople

16. I agree with this view.

Last edited Sat Sep 21, 2013, 06:05 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    No one at fox news is a journalist. Rush is not a journalist. Drudge is not a journalist. But, any one of them can be, if they chose to.

A simple solution is negating of shield laws.

The government should not get to define who gets covered by shield laws based on some arbitrary system.

May the FORCE be with you!

No one at fox news is a journalist. Rush is not a journalist. Drudge is not a journalist. But, any one of them can be, if they chose to.
    Just when I thought these people couldn't get any stupider they say something like this.

Oh, and word to Pitt and his cast of clowns, it's Democrats who are pushing for this nonsense.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Actually, I think Wee Willie should write a big letter to Dianne Feinstein proclaiming that everyone is a journalist. She seems to disagree with Boston's resident expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually, I think Wee Willie should write a big letter to Dianne Feinstein proclaiming that everyone is a journalist. She seems to disagree with Boston's resident expert.

Dear Undocmented Journalist.

Let difi look up the term JOURNAL-IST in her dictionary if she owns one.

Ben Franklin...quite the journalist....didnt WORK for anyone...

let em BRING IT ON!

Resident Grump
    Dear Mr Pitt and Mr Leopold: journalists both.

Has it been 72 business hours yet?

The government CAN NOT be allowed to decide who is and is not a journalist.
    A liberal's wet dream is when the government makes every decision for it's citizens.

Blind squirrel moment for Mr. Pitt, he's actually right for once.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Blind squirrel moment for Mr. Pitt, he's actually right for once.

I suppose one could be a free lance journalist where they're not hired by an official company to report on the news. However, they need two things.

1) They need to develop an audience.

2) They need documentation of what they are talking about. A good journalist would also get all angles of the story. For example, OWS protests. I suppose the videos from the protest make up a story to report to people. However, it doesn't make up the entire story. You also need to get the verbal story from the cops and the protesters about what's going on to put the story together. A really good journalist will research the back stories. Find out what plans the cops had before the protest. Find out what plans the leaders of the protesters had. You can't just videotape something or report back and call it journalism.

I'm not sure if Will Pitt or most others want to hear what I'd have to report back from some things. I can make everybody look bad in my "news story."

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I suppose one could be a free lance journalist where they're not hired by an official company to report on the news. However, they need two things.

1) They need to develop an audience.

2) They need documentation of what they are talking about. A good journalist would also get all angles of the story. For example, OWS protests. I suppose the videos from the protest make up a story to report to people. However, it doesn't make up the entire story. You also need to get the verbal story from the cops and the protesters about what's going on to put the story together. A really good journalist will research the back stories. Find out what plans the cops had before the protest. Find out what plans the leaders of the protesters had. You can't just videotape something or report back and call it journalism.
    O Rly?

We have this thing called "Teh Innerwebz" where people self-publish these days. You might want to look into it. The second part of your post does not bear any recognizable relationship to what even the majority of the so-called 'Mainstream Media' does. And for that matter, Feinstein and her ilk seek to criminalize the very act of gathering any such documentation by anyone who is outside an established employer-employee relationship with an established newspaper, magazine, broadcast, or cable outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

So basically you want journalists to do exactly opposite of what 99.9% of what passes for "journalism" today?

Good luck with that. There's not a journalist in the MSM that word do that. It requires the media taking their collective lips off of Obama's ass.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.