Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What have I ever done to make your party hate me so much, Mr. Boehner? 
    link

A unemployed liberal doesn't get everything he wants free from the government...because Republicans won't give it to him.... and he claims it is due to... HATE.

Star Member ColesCountyDem (1,679 posts)

What have I ever done to make your party hate me so much, Mr. Boehner?
    I've worked for 161 quarters, according to the Social Security Administration, every single quarter since I turned 14 until I was laid off by AT&T last August. I went to college and law school (another story), studied hard and graduated, and spent over a decade paying back my student loans. Until 2012, I never collected an unemployment check, received SNAP benefits, etc. . I always paid my bills, contributed to my 401(k), never filed for bankruptcy. I raised and loved my nephew like he was my own child, after his parents died, and sent him to college and grad school. I went and still do go to church, have done charity work all of my adult life, voted in every election in which I was eligible to do so since I turned 18. I served 2 terms on a school board, 3 on the library board. I belonged to the group who started our local soup kitchen, food pantry and 'brown bag' food program for poor children in my town, so they'd have something to eat on weekends and over the summer.

That 401(k) I mentioned? YOUR party allowed Wall Street and the other banksters to destroy 94% of everything I'd scrimped and saved for 25 years to put into it, and recent health issues have forced me to spend the remainder, because I couldn't afford the COBRA payments to continue my health insurance from AT&T on the niggardly amount unemployment pays me. YOUR party also made it not only legal for AT&T to outsource my job, but profitable for them to do so. So now, this...

This week, YOUR party passed legislation that will cut SNAP benefits to people like me AND also passed legislation intended to de-fund AHCA! My monthly SNAP benefits are $200, not a huge amount, but with careful shopping, coupons and paying attention to bargains, I eat 3 nutritious meals a day. I received a letter today from the State of Illinois telling me that I will very likely qualify for Medicaid, starting 1/1/2014. Thankfully, my PCP, my rheumatologist, my orthopedist, my general surgeon and my local hospital all accept Medicaid, as does my pharmacy.

In the past 13 months, I've applied for over 200 jobs, including fast food, grocery stores, etc., and I've also sent out 500-plus resumes. The sad reality is that there are 3 people looking for every 1 job that's available nationwide, 4 looking for every 1 available here in Illinois. I suppose I COULD move somewhere else where the job market is a bit more robust, but that would mean abandoning my blind, widowed and childless 88 year-old aunt, someone I dearly love and physically care for on a regular basis. So, I have to ask...

Yes, a small decrease in food stamps is considered HATE.
    SummerSnow (1,484 posts)
    1. Well said. Love your post.

Boehner hates people like us cause we weren't born rich and we have a heart.

Personal responsibility is an anathema to these people. They expect the government to take care of them. Any weight of life put on them is hateful. This is entirely predictable.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

3. #3 The Republican party does not hate this person... 
    You nailed it NJ. It is quite likely that this poster hates the Republican party/capitalism and blames them for whatever ills have befallen him/her in life. This is a construct that statists share the world over because they eschew personal responsibility and demand government mandated equality of outcome. Life on this earth is a neutral adversary. Depending on the approach you take, it may work for you or against you. And sometimes you can fail despite having tried your best. Some people just need a villain to blame.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a fucking whiner!!!

Let's see, your 401K lost 94% of its value. Now, did that happen in a vacuum??? Did this retard think all
    you have to do is put $$$ in an account and it makes you a millionaire??? All by itself??? With NO
    keeping on eye on it??? NO self mgt??? Let me guess, this idiot blames the "banksters" for his
    acct going down. THEY were supposed to read his mind and magically determine the amount of risk
    he was willing to accept???

More likely the ebil "Banksters" were making him money till the economy turned. Then THEY,
    were supposed to take his money and move it somewhere. Where? Who knows?? When? Well in
    time to save him!!!

Do these clowns have ANY clue how to manage money??? I mean, I thought Libtards were so
    super intelligent and enlightened??? How could this have happened???

Now maybe, if ColesCountyDem had paid a more attention to his 401K, his $$$ could have
    been moved to a safe haven and his lifestyle saved!!!

But that would have required some personal responsibility on his part!!

And if he done that all these other problems, well they wouldn't BE a problem.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Went to law school, eh? I notice he doesn't mention finishing it or passing the bar. And "Banksters?" I smell "Loser" trying to pass himself off as an upstanding citizen.

In the past 13 months, I've applied for over 200 jobs, including fast food, grocery stores, etc., and I've also sent out 500-plus resumes. The sad reality is that there are 3 people looking for every 1 job that's available nationwide, 4 looking for every 1 available here in Illinois.
    700 attempts for employment in 13 months? I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    700 attempts for employment in 13 months? I call bullshit.
    Maybe but I find it funny that he can't find a job in a state run by Democrats but blames Republicans.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Dear ColesCountyDem,

I thought your Lord & Savior Lord oBAMA said things are getting better!!!

And the MSM has said it too!!!

How could you have been forsaken and forgotten???

You best contact your local Dem officials and ask for help.
    Oh...don't hold your breath.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Dear ColesCountyDem,

The last three letters of your monicar (D E M) tell me all I need to know:

1. Denial - you are in denial about who has largely been in control of your government for the last 50 years and who has been paying off Wall Street to the tune of $85 billion a month (Quantitative Easing) devaluing your 401K for the past 5 years.

2. Entitled - No one "owes" you a GD thing. Stop you bellyaching and waving that pathetic tin cup that Obama just slapped out of your hand for the fifth time. Sorry, you just don't fit into his "Social Justice" plans. No Obama phone, No EBT card, no Charter Schools for your children, No ObamaCare waivers... No nothing for YOU.

3. Missguided - Stop blaming a political party for your poor judgement. Free your mind and your ass will follow. Start listening to Rush, Hannity and Levine daily, join a Tea Party and soon you will know what it is to think clearly, understand what is going on and maybe, just maybe, how to start chaning things back.

Well, the incessant whining is probably might be a clue.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!