1. #1 New Aussie PM dissolves climate change committee, freezes renewables funding 
    http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/2...ables-funding/

The Climate Commission has been scrapped and billions of dollars in renewable energy funding effectively frozen as the Abbott government moved swiftly to wind back Australia’s climate change response, as promised.

Outgoing chief commissioner Tim Flannery, who was told yesterday morning he had lost his $180,000-a-year, part-time role, said abolishing the publicly funded body was “the government’s prerogative” but he would not be silenced. …

Scrapping the Climate Commission is expected to save taxpayers $580,000 this financial year and $1.6 million in following years. …

The changes to the commission came as the government pursued plans to wind up the $10 billion Clean Energy Finance Corporation, created by Labor to fund renewable energy projects that would otherwise struggle to get commercial backing.
    More at link........

doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    These kinds of commissions have impacts far beyond their immediate budgets. The regulatory environment imposes massive costs on the private sector and acts as a drag on the economy. This is very good news.

As for the outgoing "chief commissioner Tim Flannery, who was told yesterday morning he had lost his $180,000-a-year, part-time role" (poor baby!) defiant claim that he would not be silenced, he can talk to his heart's content, but the Australian taxpayers will not longer be footing the bill for it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Australia Climate Council revived after being axed

An Australian climate change body scrapped by the new government has been relaunched as a non-profit organisation reliant on public donations.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott axed the Climate Commission, set up by the previous government, last week.

But the group resurrected itself as the Climate Council, saying it hoped "Obama-style" public donations raised online would keep it open
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post

An Australian climate change body scrapped by the new government has been relaunched as a non-profit organisation reliant on public donations.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott axed the Climate Commission, set up by the previous government, last week.

But the group resurrected itself as the Climate Council, saying it hoped "Obama-style" public donations raised online would keep it open
    At least the taxpayers aren't paying the bill..........wishing the "progressives" good luck with that...........

doc

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post

By "Obama-style," does he mean that he hopes that they find a way to scam the government into paying it not to produce green tech until it ends up bankrupt? Or is there another economic model that we've missed?
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    By "Obama-style," does he mean that he hopes that they find a way to scam the government into paying it not to produce green tech until it ends up bankrupt? Or is there another economic model that we've missed?
    I'm betting on the ACORN model. It gets shitcanned, meaning taxpayers aren't footing the bill, and it resurrects itself as ACCE in Commiefornia.

Michelle Malkin talks about the ACORN crap at the link, but Barry and his thugs have definitely shown the proglodytes exactly how money can be filched out of the national treasury.

http://michellemalkin.com/2013/06/14...on-slush-fund/
    U.S. Army, Retired

$180,000 a year part time job?

Shit, I'll lie full time for half that pay.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    $180,000 a year part time job?

Shit, I'll lie full time for half that pay.
    This reminds me of the famous exchange between Winston Churchill and Lady Astor:

"Would you sleep with me for a million pounds?" Churchill asks.
    "A million pounds?" says Lady Astor. "I’d have to think about it first but, in all likelihood, yes."
    "How about for a six-pence?"
    "Why I never!" Lady Astor huffs. "What do you take me for?"
    "That, my dear," says Sir Winston, "has been established. We are just negotiating the price."

--Odysseus