Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Based on all that we've seen in this thread, I still find it incomprehensible and more than a little dumb that this Nation does not have ANY recourse against an entity that hides behind religion, and fosters/encourages terrorism.

Arroyo seems to believe that is the case -- that this Nation is helpless against the muzzies or any other violent faction simply because it's a "religion."

Westboro Baptist Church may be lower than pond scum, but I don't believe they're in the terrorism business.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd think that with the exception of Barry's regime who never met a muzzie he didn't like, a more discerning public official just might be able to add 2 and 2 and come up with 4.
    Arroyo doesn't believe that it's the case. He wants it to be the case. Arroyo knows that there is a threat, but feels that he has to downplay it because when national security issues dominate the public discussion, conservatives win elections, and ultimately, he's a partisan before he's a patriot. This is why whenever the status of Islam as a political entity is raised, he immediately tries to turn it into a religious freedom issue, rather than a political subversion issue.

Islam is about more than simply holding a set of beliefs and acting on them in the private sphere, it's about imposing those beliefs on everyone around you, at gunpoint. This is what we saw in Kenya this week. Those who subscribe to that aspect of Islam, the political aspect, have no place in our Constitutional order, by their own admission. That is why they say that they want to bring it down. We have two choices, which are pretty stark: Either we allow them to undermine America and impose Sharia, or we don't. If we don't, then we have to recognize what we are dealing with and act accordingly. Arroyo claims that this is a false dichotomy, but he has yet to present any proof to the contrary, he simply presents his assertions as facts and insults anyone who disagrees, especially when they provide facts to support their arguments.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Well, I'm still new enough here on CU to not fully know much about certain posters and their perspective on things, but I learned a long time ago that Islam -- despite what the hand-wringers and nay-sayers say -- has a long, long history of attempting to obliterate any other people or way of life that isn't, oddly enough, Islam.

They've gone and put it into their book. Their "prophet" was a pedophile shitstain that happened to capture a few imaginations.

It didn't take a lot of imagination for me, in the aftermath of 9/11, to understand Islam for what it is and what it isn't.

It isn't "peaceful." It isn't accommodating. It isn't gracious and it isn't just.

What it is - It's determined to bring its way of life to these shores and impose its will on those who don't want to be imposed on.

To them, you either join the party, be enslaved, or be killed.

That isn't complicated.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Well, I'm still new enough here on CU to not fully know much about certain posters and their perspective on things, but I learned a long time ago that Islam -- despite what the hand-wringers and nay-sayers say -- has a long, long history of attempting to obliterate any other people or way of life that isn't, oddly enough, Islam.

They've gone and put it into their book. Their "prophet" was a pedophile shitstain that happened to capture a few imaginations.

It didn't take a lot of imagination for me, in the aftermath of 9/11, to understand Islam for what it is and what it isn't.

It isn't "peaceful." It isn't accommodating. It isn't gracious and it isn't just.

What it is - It's determined to bring its way of life to these shores and impose its will on those who don't want to be imposed on.

That isn't complicated.
    Well said.

That isn't complicated.
    QFT
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Was reading something the other day that re-informed me of the cause of the Shia/Sunni split. Blows my mind that we've had 1400ish years of sectarian violence over an argument over whether the head of the faith should be a blood relative of Muhammed.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Was reading something the other day that re-informed me of the cause of the Shia/Sunni split. Blows my mind that we've had 1400ish years of sectarian violence over an argument over whether the head of the faith should be a blood relative of Muhammed.
    Talk about holding a grudge.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"