Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1 Kid Facing Expulsion From School For Playing With Toy Gun... 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,302
    IN HIS OWN YARD! These liberal fuckbags need to burn in hell. They constantly accuse conservatives of being fascists but these fucks are the true fascists. http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-gone-too-far
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    IN HIS OWN YARD! These liberal fuckbags need to burn in hell. They constantly accuse conservatives of being fascists but these fucks are the true fascists. http://www.wavy.com/news/local/va-be...e-gone-too-far
    The worst thing is that the neighbor who called the cops said that she knew that it wad a toy, but found it "disturbing". The police should have told her to go pound sand. Since when do the emotional states of idiots constitute criminal intent in third parties?

    Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,771
    And the two kids were basically expelled for the rest of the school year BTW. They have a hearing in January to decide if it's permanent. Schools not backing down on this one. Just another step in the process of conformity by public schools.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,861
    The kids were shooting at other kids while waiting for the bus to pick them up. I know the stop is on private property and all, but it happened in a situation where the school has a legitimate stake in the safety of the kids.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    This goes beyond mere liberal gun-phobia, although that's certainly one aspect of this case. Look at all of the different liberal agendas that are served by this incident:

    • Gun control--That's obvious. Simply having a toy gun in plain sight is enough to get you jailed. Imagine if someone were cleaning a real gun on their porch. The owners of legal firearms are going to get that message loud and clear.
    • State intrusion on private property--The incident occurred in the front yard of a private home. The law states that discharging a pellet gun on private property is legal with the permission of the owner, i.e., that the owner should have to prefer charges for an arrest to be made, just like with trespassing, and I'm sure that the law was written before Airsoft began making guns that shoot plastic pellets. The parents own the property, and clearly did not press charges. Who was listed on the arrest as the originator of the complaint, and what standing did that person have to press charges?
    • Criminalization of innocent behavior--The nanny state has to be able to impose itself in areas where traditional concepts of legal standards don't apply. The message is clear: We are in charge, not you; we can arrest anyone, at any time, for anything that we feel like, and even if the charges are dropped, we can still punish you in other ways. The school suspension is obviously illegal, since the incident did not occur on or near school grounds. They have no jurisdiction or authority over what a student does at home.
    • Feelings over facts--Playing with a toy in your own yard hurts no one, but the neighbor was "upset" by the sight of a toy gun, and the police acted on her feelings, rather than on the law.
    • Gender Chaos--Radical feminists have been pursuing an ongoing strategy to turn boys into eunuchs by enforcing impossible standards of behavior on them. It's part of the whole gender chaos thing that they are attempting to impose on society at large. Boys play with toy guns, therefore this behavior must be suppressed.


    The way ahead for anyone who is concerned about these issues is a massive lawsuit against the school, the neighbor who called the cops and the police who committed a false arrest.

    BTW, does anyone think that it's odd that Trayvon Martin wasn't arrested for burglary or drug possession, but this kid was arrested for playing with a toy gun? Who was the greater danger to the community?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The kids were shooting at other kids while waiting for the bus to pick them up. I know the stop is on private property and all, but it happened in a situation where the school has a legitimate stake in the safety of the kids.
    Bull. The kids were shooting toys on private property. The school has no authority there. Can a school suspend my daughters if I take them to a gun show? Can it suspend them if I bring them to a pistol range and teach them to shoot? How about if I take them hunting?

    If we allow schools to dictate the conduct of children while they are in their parents' care, then the schools are no longer acting in loco parentis, the parents are acting in loco scolarum, with the assumption that scolarum trumps parentis.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,422
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The kids were shooting at other kids while waiting for the bus to pick them up. I know the stop is on private property and all, but it happened in a situation where the school has a legitimate stake in the safety of the kids.

    I'm sorry noony but that's bullshit. These schools are getting out of control. Are they going to
    start asking kids if they have toy guns at home??? These assclowns need to be slapped down
    and the parents need to demand the school officials be fired. WTF is wrong with people today??
    Have they lost all common sense and replaced it with PC????
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    According to the article, it appears some of the kids did go too far in how they played, but as mentioned before, it's a home issue. It shouldn't be a legal issue or a school issue. They're turning into Nazi Germany.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Bull. The kids were shooting toys on private property. The school has no authority there. Can a school suspend my daughters if I take them to a gun show? Can it suspend them if I bring them to a pistol range and teach them to shoot? How about if I take them hunting?

    If we allow schools to dictate the conduct of children while they are in their parents' care, then the schools are no longer acting in loco parentis, the parents are acting in loco scolarum, with the assumption that scolarum trumps parentis.
    Thing is they weren't at a gun show. They were ten feet or less from the school bus stop. The parents should have made it clear not to be playing with those so close to the bus stop.

    At the same time, bus stops are everywhere. If we allow the public schools to dicate what goes on near all of them, then we're giving them jurisdiction over a whole lot of ground.

    Another thing to consider is that the schools are considered to be responsible for the safety of the students while in their care (legally speaking). So, the next question is whether the schools are responsible for safety of the kids while at the bus stop. (Because if they are, then they've failed more times than I can count).

    I can sort of see the school's point and at the same time, it's making people feel like they're not free anywhere. It's also ruining lives.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Thing is they weren't at a gun show. They were ten feet or less from the school bus stop. The parents should have made it clear not to be playing with those so close to the bus stop.

    At the same time, bus stops are everywhere. If we allow the public schools to dicate what goes on near all of them, then we're giving them jurisdiction over a whole lot of ground.

    Another thing to consider is that the schools are considered to be responsible for the safety of the students while in their care (legally speaking). So, the next question is whether the schools are responsible for safety of the kids while at the bus stop. (Because if they are, then they've failed more times than I can count).

    I can sort of see the school's point and at the same time, it's making people feel like they're not free anywhere. It's also ruining lives.
    Regardless of how close they were to the bus stop, they were in their own front yard. As you correctly pointed out, the school has no jurisdiction over bus stops, much less responsibility for actions that occur there, but even if they did, they have no authority over private property, or anyplace else outside of their very limited jurisdiction. And my point is that if the school can suspend kids for legal activities in their own home, then they can suspend them for anything that offends their sensibilities, to include political or religious issues. Belonging to the wrong church or party could result in suspensions if this precedent is allowed to stand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •