Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    First of all, we need to ban all clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This goes beyond mere liberal gun-phobia, although that's certainly one aspect of this case. Look at all of the different liberal agendas that are served by this incident:
    Exactly.

This is one more attack on our liberties and freedoms as property owners.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Please site this law. I'll wait.
    In most states anything that breaks the skin is considered Malicious wounding. That's a Felony. Stupid but true.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Regardless of how close they were to the bus stop, they were in their own front yard. As you correctly pointed out, the school has no jurisdiction over bus stops, much less responsibility for actions that occur there, but even if they did, they have no authority over private property, or anyplace else outside of their very limited jurisdiction. And my point is that if the school can suspend kids for legal activities in their own home, then they can suspend them for anything that offends their sensibilities, to include political or religious issues. Belonging to the wrong church or party could result in suspensions if this precedent is allowed to stand.
    I don't know about that. They seem to get sued for things that happen on the way to the bus stop or home from the bus stop. Granted, they are sued for placement of the stop and lack of consideration for inherent dangers (like kids having to cross a major roadway), but I see some weasel room there for both plaintiff and defense attorneys.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It doesn't stop here. We've had kids suspended and given black marks on their educational record for allegedly chewing a pop tart into a gun, using their thumb and forefinger as a gun playing cops and robbers, wearing a shirt, a Marine shirt at that, that had a picture of a gun on it as well as a child being sent to substance abuse counseling because she playfully said her grape juice was wine. This is liberal fascism. This is what people like Doble, Noon and Lanie want. They want it because they keep electing those who enact these stupid fascist rules.
    Unlike people who claim that truthfully answering student questions about sex or religion is a gross violation of parental prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    In most states anything that breaks the skin is considered Malicious wounding. That's a Felony. Stupid but true.
    Yes, but in order for an Airsoft pellet to break the skin, it has to be fired onto bare skin at close range, which was not alleged. In fact, nobody was injured. So, no malicious wounding, no felony. No misdemeanor, either. This is a prosecution in search of a crime.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't know about that. They seem to get sued for things that happen on the way to the bus stop or home from the bus stop. Granted, they are sued for placement of the stop and lack of consideration for inherent dangers (like kids having to cross a major roadway), but I see some weasel room there for both plaintiff and defense attorneys.
    As you said, those are areas where the placement of a stop is an issue due to risk to the students, and usually, those suits are settled by re-siting the stop. The school's liability is limited to things within its control. It can control where the bus stops. It cannot control what kids do while unsupervised in their homes, and if it claims jurisdiction, then it is asking for far more liability than it can handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Unlike people who claim that truthfully answering student questions about sex or religion is a gross violation of parental prerogative.
    To what, exactly are you referring?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

To what, exactly are you referring?
    Don't ask because, as usual, Nova has to gay up a discussion that has nothing to do with anything gay.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Yes, but in order for an Airsoft pellet to break the skin, it has to be fired onto bare skin at close range, which was not alleged. In fact, nobody was injured. So, no malicious wounding, no felony. No misdemeanor, either. This is a prosecution in search of a crime.
    In order for an Airsoft gun to break the skin, one would need to break the gun and stab someone with the broken plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I would think children playing outside and remaining active is a good thing when you compare it to children sitting on the sofa playing very violent video games for hours and hours.

I had toy guns when I was a kid, a few years later I was shooting real guns in the same back yard. Our driveway was a school bus stop.
    We used to bring water pistols to school and when I went to college, we played a game called Assassin similar to Gotcha from the movie of the same name. No one was injured in the playing of these games. And no participant went on to shoot anything up.