Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
  1. #31  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Go to a local GOP meeting and you will get a far different picture.
    Since I live in Texas, I will probably see it your way. I can just talk to my neighbors who are Republicans (it is a diverse neighborhood politically from home schooling neo-hippies to hard core free market anarchists). They tend to be Tea Party types. Moderate Republicans are rare and those who I consider Eisenhower or GHW Bush Republicans have pretty much given up on the party. It a weird mix of theocrats and libertarians, now. Although at the municipal level, they haven't gotten all fluoridation kook yet, thank God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Although at the municipal level, they haven't gotten all fluoridation kook yet, thank God.
    Thank God for that. Next they will be trying to take the GMOs out of your food and pesticide use will increase.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They have had another 30 years to condition the school children while we paid no attention to what they were doing, to most school kids socialism is not a bad thing. Wait until common core is done with the ones in school now, They will be zombies for the Democrat party.

    Spot on. Well said.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Since I live in Texas, I will probably see it your way. I can just talk to my neighbors who are Republicans (it is a diverse neighborhood politically from home schooling neo-hippies to hard core free market anarchists). They tend to be Tea Party types. Moderate Republicans are rare and those who I consider Eisenhower or GHW Bush Republicans have pretty much given up on the party. It a weird mix of theocrats and libertarians, now. Although at the municipal level, they haven't gotten all fluoridation kook yet, thank God.
    Cool story...

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Since I live in Texas, I will probably see it your way. I can just talk to my neighbors who are Republicans (it is a diverse neighborhood politically from home schooling neo-hippies to hard core free market anarchists). They tend to be Tea Party types. Moderate Republicans are rare and those who I consider Eisenhower or GHW Bush Republicans have pretty much given up on the party. It a weird mix of theocrats and libertarians, now. Although at the municipal level, they haven't gotten all fluoridation kook yet, thank God.
    They aren't likely to. The fluoridation scare was a stereotype concocted by liberals. Why do you assume that your neighbors are atypical? Most Republicans simply want smaller, more efficient government that doesn't see itself as being in the business of fundamental transformation of our lives.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They aren't likely to. The fluoridation scare was a stereotype concocted by liberals.
    It's a metaphor. Kinda like "black helicopter crowd" only kookier.

    Why do you assume that your neighbors are atypical?
    Because they are.

    Most Republicans simply want smaller, more efficient government that doesn't see itself as being in the business of fundamental transformation of our lives.
    I like the Mark Levin schtick about transformation. That's nice. Not quite fluoridation kook, but knocking on the door (another metaphor ... I don't believe you are literally knocking on a door ... you may be ... I don't know).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Hmm. Did you vote for Romney? I've never voted for a liberal in my life.
    If you didn't vote for Romney you voted for Obama, even if you did not vote. So what is your point?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,416
    Obamacare needs the young people's participation so they can spread the wealth. This won't happen. Young people and those that do not wish to have insurance will simply pay the less expensive fine and wait to purchase insurance if they ever become ill. It's like buying car insurance after you total your car, then filing a claim.

    The exchange plans are screwed up. In order to get a deductible that is under $5000 you will need to be able to afford a 40% co-payment. Good luck with the hospitals and doctors collecting from most people that are already having trouble making ends meet. People that had good insurance where they worked that are getting thrown under the elimination of benefits bus due to the rising cost to the employer won't have any other options.

    Just because a person has health insurance and is able to afford the premium does not mean they can afford to get sick and use the insurance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    It's a metaphor. Kinda like "black helicopter crowd" only kookier.
    And false. Don't forget that it's false. It's a tired cliche that was never valid, but liberals use it as a shorthand for conservatives because they have to use something other than "racist" once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Because they are.
    Aside from tolerating you, how are they exceptional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I like the Mark Levin schtick about transformation. That's nice. Not quite fluoridation kook, but knocking on the door (another metaphor ... I don't believe you are literally knocking on a door ... you may be ... I don't know).
    Actually, it was Obama's schtick. Here's where he said it:



    But, don't let facts get in the way of your metaphors.

    BTW, I responded to your demand for quotes from sites that weren't anti-Islam, but as always, you ducked out when you were spanked. Just for your edification, here's the link: http://www.conservativeunderground.c...l=1#post578202. We both know that you won't respond to the facts, but I'm dying to see how many new ways you can come up with to avoid them while you attack me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    If you didn't vote for Romney you voted for Obama, even if you did not vote. So what is your point?
    lol.. Why isn't it... "if I didn't vote for Obama then I voted for Romney"? But fallacy logic is pretty much the norm with some here.

    But keep derailing the thread. Cheers!
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •