Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    lol.. Why isn't it... "if I didn't vote for Obama then I voted for Romney"? But fallacy logic is pretty much the norm with some here.

But keep derailing the thread. Cheers!
    Cause the little o is the one who got elected.

If R had won then your counter statement might have some validity but as it is, it doesn't and neither do you.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Obamacare needs the young people's participation so they can spread the wealth. This won't happen. Young people and those that do not wish to have insurance will simply pay the less expensive fine and wait to purchase insurance if they ever become ill. It's like buying car insurance after you total your car, then filing a claim.

The exchange plans are screwed up. In order to get a deductible that is under $5000 you will need to be able to afford a 40% co-payment. Good luck with the hospitals and doctors collecting from most people that are already having trouble making ends meet. People that had good insurance where they worked that are getting thrown under the elimination of benefits bus due to the rising cost to the employer won't have any other options.

Just because a person has health insurance and is able to afford the premium does not mean they can afford to get sick and use the insurance.

True. There was and probably still is a big thread on DU about just those figures. Who gives a shit if the premium is 50 cents if you can't really use it?? It's a stupid talking point, no more.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ... but I'm dying to see how many new ways you can come up with to avoid them while you attack me.
    It was in the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Me In That Other Thread
    I will now let you have a the last word on this.
    You have this bizarre penchant for bringing old arguments from other threads into discussions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You really need to learn to let things go. You got the last word. Move on to another argument in which you will get the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    It was in the first sentence.

You have this bizarre penchant for bringing old arguments from other threads into discussions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You really need to learn to let things go. You got the last word. Move on to another argument in which you will get the last word.
    I do it because you have a bizarre penchant for making a challenge, and then running away when the challenge is taken up. I make it a point to rub your nose in your cowardice and dishonesty, especially when you make snide accusations of bigotry and ignorance on my part.

Back during the Napoleonic Wars, the French Navy had a habit of firing a broadside just before striking their colors. The British were bound by their honor code to take the damage and not respond, but it rankled them. Your ploy of offering the last word after an insult is the same basic tactic, but unlike the French, you don't have the decency to surrender, you just run away to repeat the same arguments at a later point as if it hadn't been thoroughly refuted. Your "concession" of the last word is simply a retreat in the face of arguments that you cannot answer. There's nothing high-minded about it.

And, you're doing it again. A few posts back, you made the claim that Obama's promise of fundamental transformation of America was something that Mark Levin made up. I provided the video of Obama making the statement, so you changed the subject. It's not like you're fooling anyone. We all know that you cannot defend your statements, so you retreat, insult or change the subject.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I do it because you have a bizarre penchant for making a challenge, and then running away when the challenge is taken up. I make it a point to rub your nose in your cowardice and dishonesty, especially when you make snide accusations of bigotry and ignorance on my part.

Back during the Napoleonic Wars, the French Navy had a habit of firing a broadside just before striking their colors. The British were bound by their honor code to take the damage and not respond, but it rankled them. Your ploy of offering the last word after an insult is the same basic tactic, but unlike the French, you don't have the decency to surrender, you just run away to repeat the same arguments at a later point as if it hadn't been thoroughly refuted. Your "concession" of the last word is simply a retreat in the face of arguments that you cannot answer. There's nothing high-minded about it.

And, you're doing it again. A few posts back, you made the claim that Obama's promise of fundamental transformation of America was something that Mark Levin made up. I provided the video of Obama making the statement, so you changed the subject. It's not like you're fooling anyone. We all know that you cannot defend your statements, so you retreat, insult or change the subject.
    I called it schtick. No need to lie, Odie, to mask the fact you are mindlessly regurgitating the propaganda of blowhards.

Although I concede it may be possible that you don't realize you are doing it.

I called it schtick. No need to lie, Odie, to mask the fact you are mindlessly regurgitating the propaganda of blowhards.

Although I concede it may be possible that you don't realize you are doing it.
    Regardless, the fact is that it wasn't Mark Levin's "schtick", it was Obama's. He was the one who announced that he was going to fundamentally transform America, and it was Michelle who informed us that:

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."
    Of course, what Obama considers uninvolved and ininformed is simply dissent with his way of doing things. It's not the function of government to tell us how to think, to push us, to force us to engage. It's the function of government to leave us alone unless we are violating someone else's rights, but this administration doesn't think that way. It isn't mindless regurgitation to point that out. OTOH, what is mindless is , dropping a snark bomb and then running away. The truth is that you are unable to refute the argument, so you throw an insult and run.

However, I now understand why you consider Mark Levin a threat; he can formulate cogent arguments. You can't. And what you cannot rebut, you insult.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Regardless, the fact is that it wasn't Mark Levin's "schtick", it was Obama's. He was the one who announced that he was going to fundamentally transform America, and it was Michelle who informed us that:

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed."
    Of course, what Obama considers uninvolved and ininformed is simply dissent with his way of doing things. It's not the function of government to tell us how to think, to push us, to force us to engage. It's the function of government to leave us alone unless we are violating someone else's rights, but this administration doesn't think that way. It isn't mindless regurgitation to point that out. OTOH, what is mindless is , dropping a snark bomb and then running away. The truth is that you are unable to refute the argument, so you throw an insult and run.

However, I now understand why you consider Mark Levin a threat; he can formulate cogent arguments. You can't. And what you cannot rebut, you insult.
    A threat? He's a propagandist. I was listening to him yesterday and he claimed "Obamacare" (The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) was passed through the reconciliation process. That is demonstrably false. Demonstrably false things may be explained cogently, but it is still bullshit.

Cloture Vote

A threat? He's a propagandist. I was listening to him yesterday and he claimed "Obamacare" (The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) was passed through the reconciliation process. That is demonstrably false. Demonstrably false things may be explained cogently, but it is still bullshit.

Cloture Vote
    Intellectually you couldn't carry this mans briefcase, so I would lay off judging him. Oh and its obamacare, I don't allow people like you to divorce obama from this abortion of a law.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Intellectually you couldn't carry this mans briefcase, so I would lay off judging him. Oh and its obamacare, I don't allow people like you to divorce obama from this abortion of a law.
    You can call it green peas for all I care.

You can call it green peas for all I care.
    Is Obama going to let you use Obamacare to finish your transition or are you going to have to go through life with just beans and no frank? Sucks to get caught in the middle like that, just sayin'
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg