Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Oh, Cry Me A River 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,642
    Lottery winner who went out of his way going on the Today show and other media appearances is upset that he no longer has a normal life. Cry me a river. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...life-back?lite
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member jendf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,697
    From the article:

    After taxes he had less than $4 million to call his own, which, as he put it, “ain’t sh-t in today’s economy.”
    Well, geez. I'll take it off your hands, mister, if it's that big of a burden for you. You ungrateful bastard.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,741
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    From the article:



    Well, geez. I'll take it off your hands, mister, if it's that big of a burden for you. You ungrateful bastard.


    4M would be more then enough for my simple life and I would have plenty left over to do many good things for those in need.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Lottery winner who went out of his way going on the Today show and other media appearances is upset that he no longer has a normal life. Cry me a river. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...life-back?lite
    What the hell is a "retired artist"?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,741
    The guy will end up a reality show. Of course he claims he does not like the fame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,642
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    From the article:



    Well, geez. I'll take it off your hands, mister, if it's that big of a burden for you. You ungrateful bastard.
    Really. Give me $4 million and watch me make it work in today's economy. I'd never work again.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,741
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Really. Give me $4 million and watch me make it work in today's economy. I'd never work again.
    I would still work. I need the health insurance. I might be late a few days a month, but I would eventually still show up.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I would still work. I need the health insurance. I might be late a few days a month, but I would eventually still show up.
    Why bother? It's usually cheaper to say you can pay cash anyway because the prices for insurance is pre negotiated, that's why if you go to the doctor with a high co-pay you can say how much would that be cash right now and it ends up being tons cheaper.

    This should be a decent article, I just googled and skimmed

    http://www.rodedwards.ca/2013/08/how...tay-in-the-us/
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •