Thread: Six-year-old becomes first transgender child in Argentina to change identity

1. #1 Six-year-old becomes first transgender child in Argentina to change identity 
    Six-year-old becomes first transgender child in Argentina to change identity

A six-year-old girl, who was born a boy, has become the first transgender child in Argentina to have her new name officially changed on her identity documents.

Lulu, a six-year-old Argentine child who was listed as a boy at birth, has been granted new identification papers by the Buenos Aires provincial government listing her as a girl. Photo: REUTERS

By Donna Bowater, Rio de Janeiro

12:45PM BST 27 Sep 2013

Luana, known as Lulu, is believed to be the youngest to benefit from the countryís new Gender Identity Law, which was approved in May 2012.

The act enshrines the right to be identified by name and sex as defined by the individual.

As a result, the governor of Buenos Aires, Daniel Scioli, approved Luluís application to change her name from Manuel on her DNI, the Argentinian identity card, and birth certificate.

"The government of the province of Buenos Aires has decided to provide a solution to this particular case raised by the family," Alberto Perez, chief of staff, said, according to La Nacion.

The decision was made after Luluís mother, Gabriela, wrote to Mr Scioli as well as Argentinian president Cristina Kirchner. She said her daughter identified herself as a girl as soon as she started talking.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-identity.html
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Six years old? WTF?

Politically tired.
    I can understand the feeling. I love being a girl. I get to keep a pocketbook around. I can wear pants and a dress. I can dress down one day and look really fabulous the next.

But honestly, that shouldn't be allowed so young.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I can understand the feeling. I love being a girl. I get to keep a pocketbook around. I can wear pants and a dress. I can dress down one day and look really fabulous the next.

But honestly, that shouldn't be allowed so young.
    Identifying as transgender or acting like a girl? AT what point has a female child cross the barrier of gender norming?

That poor child. A 6 year old is too young for this kind of nonsense. Like I always say, I have no problem with cross-dressing or people who want to be the other gender from what they were born with, I just have problems with doctors doing the surgery to make them so. But a 6 year old child is too young for anything to be that definitive in his head.