1. #1 Possibly fucked-up history 
    Great White Fathers: The True Story of Gutzon Borglum and His Obsessive Quest to Create the Mt. Rushmore National Monument [Kindle Edition]

John Taliaferro (Author)

From Publishers Weekly

On page one of this history of Mt. Rushmore, Taliaferro proposes to answer "the questions that any archaeologist would ask": Who are the men represented, how were they chosen, how were they carved, by whom, who visits this shrine? In the end, this overly modest mission statement is the only false note in an impressive work. Like the outsized sculptures blasted out of a granite mountainside, this history, by a former Newsweek editor, is massive, descriptive yet never blandly representational and filled with characters as fully realized as the Mt. Rushmore busts. The central figure is Rushmore's "father"-sculptor Gutzon Borglum (1867-1941), a fascinating study in contradictions: a great talent, but a hopeless businessman; a patriot who was also a bigot; a family man who lied about his parentage and ditched his first, much older wife to marry a younger woman who could bear children. Taliaferro (Tarzan Forever: The Life of Edgar Rice Burroughs) also uses the story of a monument as a springboard from which to explore the tensions within the American dream: an empire built on slave labor and on land stolen from the Indians; reverence for the common man combined with an infatuation with larger-than-life heroes; a love of the landscape that often takes a backseat to the quest for profit. Like Borglum, Taliaferro set himself a Sisyphean task and has produced a work that is both inspiring and thought provoking. 8 pages of b&w photos not seen by PW.
    Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Read More(but I highly doubt it)>http://www.amazon.com/Great-White-Fa...+White+Fathers

I stumbled upon this likely piece of crap while looking through new history books. I can't get past the title, for a society that is supposed to be fucking color blind some people cannot and will not move past race.
    Post any comments or knowledge of this book that you may have or post another likely piece of crap you have stumbled on.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    If you really want to piss people off, and I generally do, then tell them to stick the "stolen land" crap. Tell them that a modern civilization steamrolled a Stone Age people in one of the last stands of the Stone Age. There is something about "Stone AGe" which infuriates people who call themselves "indigenous". In the first place, they usually don't think of the Stone Age as it actually was, they think of the Stone Age as much more primitive than it actually was. Anyway, it pisses them off so I am glad to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If you really want to piss people off, and I generally do, then tell them to stick the "stolen land" crap. Tell them that a modern civilization steamrolled a Stone Age people in one of the last stands of the Stone Age. There is something about "Stone AGe" which infuriates people who call themselves "indigenous". In the first place, they usually don't think of the Stone Age as it actually was, they think of the Stone Age as much more primitive than it actually was. Anyway, it pisses them off so I am glad to do it.
    Sometimes I really do like the way you think.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg