Thread: Obama Bails Out Detroit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I get what you are saying. I'd feel better about it if the election were over and we knew who the next mayor was going to be-I think if Duggan wins, he will be able to fix a lot of the financial issues by working with the emergency manager and the governor. I would rather see the money come to Detroit assigned to specific tasks and then audited to ensure the money was spent the way it is supposed to be spent. Like the grant from the Department of Transportation to build a train up Woodward AVE, to connect downtown with the suburbs-it'll be good for the city, and it will cut down on drunk driving after athletic events.

I like the other mayoral candidate, Benny Napoleon, but he does not have the kind of fiscal backround that Duggan has. If the primary problem facing the city was police corruption, Napoleon would be the best candidate. That's not the primary problem this year.

I'd also feel better if Illitch was paying for his own new hockey arena, but it looks like the good people of Michigan will be footing the bill for that one.
    All that will accomplish is to bring the vermin to the burbs and complete the destruction. They brought the metrolink from the city to a close-in, affluent suburb of St Louis. I never went to the upscale mall in the area after that, as gangs of punks roamed the mall and intimidated the visitors to the mall.

Throwing money to Detroit is indeed throwing it down the sewer. I bet Obama wouldn't be searching for funds for an area run by Republicans. Wait, he wouldn't need to do that.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It's throwing money down a sewer. Giving cash to people who mismanage it into the ground is just asking for more of the same.
    That money will buy a lot of votes for the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I get what you are saying. I'd feel better about it if the election were over and we knew who the next mayor was going to be-I think if Duggan wins, he will be able to fix a lot of the financial issues by working with the emergency manager and the governor.
    I hope they use the money wisely. The emergency services should be first priority. I have empathy for the elderly there that have to wait an hour for an ambulance. It's not like they can just pack up and move out of the city.

I think there is still a little hope for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I hope they use the money wisely. The emergency services should be first priority. I have empathy for the elderly there that have to wait an hour for an ambulance. It's not like they can just pack up and move out of the city.

I think there is still a little hope for Detroit.
    The right leader would be a start. Look at NY under Rudy. He really cleaned that city up.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That money will buy a lot of votes for the Democrats.
    Where did they come up with the money for this?

According to the Dems we're broke, we're at our "debt ceiling" and such.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Where did they come up with the money for this?

According to the Dems we're broke, we're at our "debt ceiling" and such.
    The same fraudulent means President Obama has used for everything else he has done.

I do remember the Dems claiming that Obama saved Detroit with the auto bailout. Maybe that was a lie?