1. #1 Husband, Wife Share Story Of Coming Out Together 
    Husband, Wife Share Story Of Coming Out Together, 20 Years Into Their Marriage

September 27, 2013 12:31 AM

Reporting Maria Medina

A California man says he realized he was gay more than 20 years into his marriage, then he realized he was a she.
    It’s the kind of thing many think would tear a husband and wife apart, but not David and Cat Kaufman. But the end of the Kaufmans’ love story has an unusual ending. More than 20 years later, David Kaufman became Dani Kaufman.
    “We were each other’s best friend,” Cat said.
    (Credit: CBS13)

It’s a love story with a normal beginning.
    “We were a good match for each other,” said Dani Kaufman.
    They fell in love, got married and had a kid.
    “We just got along really well,” Cat said.
    But the end of the Kaufman’s love story has an unusual ending. More than 20 years later, David Kaufman became Dani Kaufman.
    When Cat looks at Dani, “Inside she’s the same person that I married, and just the outside has changed.”
    Cat says she didn’t see any signs at all that David could be gay.
    And if you’re wondering if Cat was really OK with her husband’s confession, she had a secret of her own.
    That secret began a few years ago.
    But Dani’s goes back for as long as she can remember, she says she’s always struggled with being born a boy.
    “When I was 5 years old I just wanted to be a girl so badly,” Dani said.
    In between attempts to end his life that began at 13, Dani ignored that haunting, nagging feeling, and did what everyone around him expected.
    Moe>http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...heir-marriage/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

2. #2 I see... 
    So they now have the safest strictly platonic relationship on the face of the earth?
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Fabulous Poster
    Nucking futz.

David/Dani/Cat's 15 minutes of fame.

Except I think it's good for about 20 seconds.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Four years ago, Dani says he finally fully realized his attraction to men. While David, a husband and father, struggled with the idea of what to do next, he had no idea his wife had a secret of her own.

“I just said, ‘You know, I need to tell you something,” Cat said.

“I could tell she was really nervous,” Dani said.

“I need to tell you that I’ve been thinking that I would like to date women,” Cat said.

Yes, Cat told her husband she’d recently realized she was a lesbian.

“And I remember saying, “Oh my god, get out of town! I just figured out I’m gay!” Dani said.

“It was pretty shocking for both of us,” Cat said.

So after more than 20 years of marriage, husband and wife sat across from each other, knowing it was the beginning of their end, but a new beginning for each of them.

“It was excitement and relief,” Cat said.

Then last year, Dani realized she wasn’t gay, she was just born in the wrong body.

Well, that's one way to arrange a gay marriage....
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, that's one way to arrange a gay marriage....
    I have this friend I graduated high school with who often complains about how the laws against gay marriage affect her and her wife. I sometimes want to point out to her that they actually don't apply to her because she's actually and I believe still legally a he. I haven't dared.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I have this friend I graduated high school with who often complains about how the laws against gay marriage affect her and her wife. I sometimes want to point out to her that they actually don't apply to her because she's actually and I believe still legally a he. I haven't dared.