1. #1 The Brainwashing Of My Dad By Limbaugh, Fox & GOP Media 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How do you exsplain it?? The DU way, with hate filled screeds!!!

How dare you not worship the LEFT!!! You must be brainwashed!!!

Sun Oct 6, 2013, 03:39 PM
    babylonsister

The Brainwashing Of My Dad By Limbaugh, Fox & GOP Media

The Brainwashing Of My Dad By Limbaugh, Fox & GOP Media

by Leslie Salzillo

Many of us understand the damage Rush Limbaugh, FOX News, and 'hate media' has done to our country in promoting racism, homophobia, misogyny and bigotry.They perpetuate lies and poison the minds of people who get sucked in, and use Right Wing media as the only source of news. Jen Senko is a filmmaker who watched the transformation of her father, as he slowly came to believe the extreme RightWing lies, and she's making a documentary about it. Here a personal note to me from Senko followed by the Kickstarter commentary:

"I was inspired to make this film after watching my father – a non-political Democrat – turn into a right wing fanatic after a change in his car commute exposed him to the reactionary shows on talk radio. The changes in his behavior caused me to research the changes in the media over the last 30 years – and the effect of those changes on the country was indisputable. As the media have been co-opted more and more by special interests, documentarians have become the new journalists. My hope is that after seeing my film, people will question what the media tells them, and hold them accountable."

When the filmmaker's parents moved to a place where her father had a long solo commute to work and started listening to Talk Radio to alleviate the boredom, her family saw him change from a non-political Democrat to a radicalized, angry Right-Wing Republican. What happened to Dad?

As filmmaker, Jen Senko, tries to understand the transformation of her father from a mild mannered life-long Democrat to an angry, Right-Wing fanatic, she uncovers the forces behind the media that changed him completely: a plan by Roger Ailes under Nixon for a media by the GOP, The Powell Memo and the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine, all of which would ultimately misinform millions, divide families and even the country itself.

more...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...etail=facebook
    And the source is that paragon of fairness, the kos kids!!!

The dad dares to think for himself!!! WELL!!! Lets just make a "documentary" about it!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    While there is indeed plenty to work with (for a condensed version of Right Wing lies listen to the Parrot Hannity on any given show) I have noticed that those who use such general terms to indict talk radio, seldom provide examples of the lies apparently in the belief that simply declaring it to be so is sufficient.

Limbaugh does indeed lie, usually in the analysis though which in the minds of many places it in the realm of "opinion". Other than that, his facts seem to be in order most of the time. Now what is surprising is a good deal of "big issues" on talk radio are rehashes of something which has been disproven. This is particularly annoying as a tactic, ie to simply let criticism pass and then revert to a claim which was debunked. Right and Left have mastered this game and it's probably part of the reason so many people don't trust or care anymore.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    While there is indeed plenty to work with (for a condensed version of Right Wing lies listen to the Parrot Hannity on any given show) I have noticed that those who use such general terms to indict talk radio, seldom provide examples of the lies apparently in the belief that simply declaring it to be so is sufficient.

Limbaugh does indeed lie, usually in the analysis though which in the minds of many places it in the realm of "opinion". Other than that, his facts seem to be in order most of the time. Now what is surprising is a good deal of "big issues" on talk radio are rehashes of something which has been disproven. This is particularly annoying as a tactic, ie to simply let criticism pass and then revert to a claim which was debunked. Right and Left have mastered this game and it's probably part of the reason so many people don't trust or care anymore.

I'll take anyone on the RW talk shows (radio and/or TV) to say...Mike Malloy.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...bylon%20sister

Babylon Sister:

a party girl, a girl who indulges, a fiend, a girl who gets down, a chick you can f-ck, and you dont want to run off after your done.

man she loves the cocaine, babylon sister shake it!
    a female steely dan fan
    a really cool chick who likes
    to party
    Also: prostitute

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/...Babylon-Sister

Babylon Sister Lyrics
    Drive west on Sunset
    To the sea
    Turn that jungle music down
    Just until we're out of town
    This is no one night stand
    It's a real occasion
    Close your eyes and you'll be there
    It's everything they say
    The end of a perfect day
    Distant lights...

http://www.steelydan.com/lyrgaucho.html

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I'll take anyone on the RW talk shows (radio and/or TV) to say...Mike Malloy.
    I don't know who that is.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't know who that is.