1. #1 Shutdown, OH The Inhumanity!!! 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    So what does it all mean?

Here's the run down.

Psst. No shutdown during a 'government shutdown'

Published February 24, 2011Associated Press

WASHINGTON Social Security checks would still go out. Troops would remain at their posts. Furloughed federal workers probably would get paid, though not until later. And virtually every essential government agency, like the FBI, the Border Patrol and the Coast Guard, would remain open.

That's the little-known truth about a government shutdown. The government doesn't shut down.

http//www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/24/psst-shutdown-government-shutdown/

From there;

During Shutdown Workers Will Still Get Overtime

Lastly;

EPA to be hit hard in shutdown, could delay renewable fuel standard

(Reuters) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will take one of the biggest hits of any federal agency if the government shuts down this week, operating with under 7 percent of its employees, according to guidance issued by the agency.

Among those furloughed would be most workers at the Office of Air and Radiation, which is in charge of writing and implementing most of the EPA's major air pollution rules. The clock would also stop, for now, on the EPA's eagerly-awaited proposal on renewable fuel volume standards for 2014.

The EPA said its plan for dealing with a shutdown would classify 1,069 employees, out of 16,205, as essential. These employees would continue to work if Congress fails to secure a budget deal by midnight Monday to avoid disruption to federal funding.

http://news.yahoo.com/epa-hit-hard-s...-business.html
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Sooooo...

Not seeing much of a downside to the shutdown....

Is there a way to milk this out to 2016?
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I don't think we want to.

We need to do two things.

1. Make it clear we offered alternatives and the left rejected them. Alternatives that were fair and in the peoples interest.

2. When we do give in, don't go for the whole pie, get some thing, so it looks like Obama caved a little, but in the end, pin the whole "You own it" thing on obama for Obamacare. We can't stop it, but we can make damn sure they are held accountable for it.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

JUST FU#KING ONCE, I'd love to see something hurt the damn dems
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    2. When we do give in, don't go for the whole pie, get some thing, so it looks like Obama caved a little, but in the end, pin the whole "You own it" thing on obama for Obamacare. We can't stop it, but we can make damn sure they are held accountable for it.
    He does own it; that's why I think it's silly that all these meaningless "votes" have been taken to try to stop it. If it's going over the cliff, don't try to slow it down. Right?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He does own it; that's why I think it's silly that all these meaningless "votes" have been taken to try to stop it. If it's going over the cliff, don't try to slow it down. Right?
    Democrats and liberals (such as yourself) need to be told time and again so when it does blow up in your face you wont be duped into believing its all the republicans fault because we all know democrats can't take blame.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly