Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hate the foreskins on general principles but I am behind them 100% on this subject.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I hate the foreskins on general principles but I am behind them 100% on this subject.
    ^5

And who could be offended by:

The Whiteskins
    -or-
    The Blackskins

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    "noting that Indians "feel pretty strongly" about mascots and team names that depict negative stereotypes about their heritage"

What percentage of Indians? Indians belonging to which political club? And what exactly is negative about these names? It seems to me that given the love of sports and sports teams that to name them in association with the Indians is a compliment. To date I have not seen a sports team named "Dirty Indians" or "Drunken Welfare Dependent Indians" or "Untrustworthy Double Dealing Indians."

Six assholes with Phd after their names sitting around a Sociology department thinking up new ways of being offended is not consensus.

EMU changed their mascot from the Hurons to the Eagles. I think it's kind of offensive to the Hurons to do so-I have no problem with teams having the tribal names, it's a way to honor the history. I can see where Redskins could be offensive, in the same way that the Cleveland Indians' mascot looks like a character from an old, politically incorrect WB cartoon short.

Banned
    So should the military have to change the names of the helicopters "Apache", "Kiowa" or the "Chinook"?
    Should they have to rename the "Tomahawk" missile?

This country has truly become an idiocracy...or more accurately an "ineptocracy".