alp227 (22,389 posts)

Brown signs bill to allow children more than two legal parents
Source: LA Times

Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Friday that will allow children in California to have more than two legal parents, a measure opposed by some conservative groups as an attack on the traditional family.

Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) said he authored the measure to address the changes in family structure in California, including situations in which same-sex couples have a child with an opposite-sex biological parent.

The law will allow the courts to recognize three or more legal parents so that custody and financial responsibility can be shared by all those involved in raising a child, Leno said.

"Courts need the ability to recognize these changes so children are supported by the adults that play a central role in loving and caring for them," Leno said. "It is critical that judges have the ability to recognize the roles of all parents so that no child has to endure separation from one of the adults he or she has always known as a parent."

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-b...,7226241.story

The DUmmies love this one.....

Star Member Honest_Abe (124 posts)
1. Yes! I'm having trouble finding anything wrong here at all!

Go California!

Star Member movonne (9,514 posts)
3. I love Jerry Brown...and Calif. is doing very well under

his governing..

Sat Oct 5, 2013, 04:17 PM

Star Member Voice for Peace (9,363 posts)
8. seems like he is on a roll..

go California!
Only one negative reaction:

itsrobert (9,405 posts)
7. Looks like an opening to immigration fraud

An US citizen aunt can become a legal parent and petition for her nephrew/niece (now her child) to become a permanent resident. Once the child becomes 18 and a citizen, that child can petition for his/her other parents. Thereby cutting the immigration lines in front of people who are waiting for years and years.