Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I think it's cute Nova accusing believers of believing in what he perceives as a mythology considering he believes people are born gay.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Just because something is "socially constructed" does not mean it's ok to change.
    The point was that these things do change and have changed and do vary geographically. It's disingenuous to maintain that there is a moral issue with a 16 year old having a relationship with a 22 year old in Florida when it would be perfectly legal in another state for that same 16 year old to be married to a 50 year old. But let's not continue this discussion, because derailment and deflection is NJ's objective. Clearly the man has moral failings, but it would be cruel to point out the evidence of them.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I think it's cute Nova accusing believers of believing in what he perceives as a mythology considering he believes people are born gay.
    I think it's cute that you are a prison guard and can't get a concealed carry permit.... not to mention that other thing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I KNEW it!!!

It's da JOOOOOOOSSSSS!!!! Hey, this isn't a CU/CC poll is it???
    You have to give them credit. Their religion infected European civilization and they don't even get the blame for it. I'd say it was the most successful rebranding in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think it's cute that you are a prison guard and can't get a concealed carry permit.... not to mention that other thing.
    Sounds like you have been burned twinkle toes
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    A hell of a lot longer than it's taking to destroy the moral fabric of American society thanks to the secularists. You can blame Christianity all you want but thanks to liberal secular policies, society is on a fast track to Hades.
    Hades was the Greek God of the underworld. I think you mean Gehenna, which was a garbage dump outside Jerusalem and loosely translates into "new jersey".

Hades was the Greek God of the underworld. I think you mean Gehenna, which was a garbage dump outside Jerusalem and loosely translates into "new jersey".
    Ha!

You have to give them credit. Their religion infected European civilization and they don't even get the blame for it. I'd say it was the most successful rebranding in history.

A lot of women are thankful over the way circumcision was widely adopted by western culture. Considering that Peter and Paul were against forcing Gentile converts to undergo the ritual, it seems to have taken hold anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A lot of women are thankful over the way circumcision was widely adopted by western culture. Considering that Peter and Paul were against forcing Gentile converts to undergo the ritual, it seems to have taken hold anyways.
    Paul was vehemently against it, and the conspiracy to kill him (at the end of Acts) may have been due to his constant fights with the Jerusalem hierarchy over the issue.

However, Peter was hand in glove with the Jerusalem hierarchy, run by James the Just, the brother or cousin of Jesus. You can see the perspective of James in his New Testament letter, where he insists that all members of the community must follow the Law (Torah), not deviating "one jot or tittle" in the language of King James. The Torah required circumcision, and the insistence on "The Law" was an insistence on circumcision.

In AD 66, the Jerusalem hierarchy was wiped out and scattered and the end of the Jewish rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Paul was vehemently against it, and the conspiracy to kill him (at the end of Acts) may have been due to his constant fights with the Jerusalem hierarchy over the issue.

However, Peter was hand in glove with the Jerusalem hierarchy, run by James the Just, the brother or cousin of Jesus. You can see the perspective of James in his New Testament letter, where he insists that all members of the community must follow the Law (Torah), not deviating "one jot or tittle" in the language of King James. The Torah required circumcision, and the insistence on "The Law" was an insistence on circumcision.

In AD 66, the Jerusalem hierarchy was wiped out and scattered and the end of the Jewish rebellion.

My women's Bible study group is doing the Beth Moore James study, so the issue was fresh in my mind. We were talking about it last night-the circumcision to Jewish men is the symbol of their covenant with God. For a Gentile male convert to Christianity, it would be a pretty threatening ritual to face, as they don't have the context of Judiaism and are facing the ritual as adults, not 8 day old babies.

Or, the whole argument is just further proof that men have always put way too much emphasis on the state of their junk.