Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So you're saying that California will pass a law to be in compliance with plural marriages in the Bible?
    More like the Q'ran, and apparent conformance with anything in the Bible is probably the only reason it wouldn't fly in Californistan...though I suspect your half-witty comment is really based far more on instances of concubinage and various forms of slavery than on actual plural marriage in the Brigham Young sense.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    More like the Q'ran, and apparent conformance with anything in the Bible is probably the only reason it wouldn't fly in Californistan...though I suspect your half-witty comment is really based far more on instances of concubinage and various forms of slavery than on actual plural marriage in the Brigham Young sense.
    That's right up there with blacks and Indians claiming that slavery in pre-colonial Africa and pre-colonial America was somehow more enlightened and humane than it was in Virginia and Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My women's Bible study group is doing the Beth Moore James study, so the issue was fresh in my mind. We were talking about it last night-the circumcision to Jewish men is the symbol of their covenant with God. For a Gentile male convert to Christianity, it would be a pretty threatening ritual to face, as they don't have the context of Judiaism and are facing the ritual as adults, not 8 day old babies.

Or, the whole argument is just further proof that men have always put way too much emphasis on the state of their junk.
    I would be scared to be a man in a room full of women talking about cutting on male parts!

I think it's cute that you are a prison guard and can't get a concealed carry permit.... not to mention that other thing.
    Pulling hair and trying to scratch out eyes?

That's right up there with blacks and Indians claiming that slavery in pre-colonial Africa and pre-colonial America was somehow more enlightened and humane than it was in Virginia and Maryland.
    You just keep on digging yourself in deeper...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

...Which is why it's puzzling that you would link the two so closely in your post upthread, as if you thought at least one of them was a good idea. Well, one expects irrationality from the "Marry whatever you want, it's meaningless anyway except when I say it isn't" crowd with which you have placed yourself.

I wasn't referring to her, that's a different issue and the ages were 14/15 and 17/18 not 16 and 22.
    No, Nova.

If you're talking about Kaitlyn Hunt in Florida, she was 18 when she met the 14 year old.

Kaitlyn Hunt turned 18 years old on August 14, 2012
    The police report of her arrest records her birthday is 8/14/94

Kaitlyn did not meet the 14 year old freshman until September, 2012.

They had sex in the ensuing months.

There was NEVER a time in that relationship when Kaitlin was under 18.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    No, Nova.

If you're talking about Kaitlyn Hunt in Florida, she was 18 when she met the 14 year old.

Kaitlyn Hunt turned 18 years old on August 14, 2012
    The police report of her arrest records her birthday is 8/14/94

Kaitlyn did not meet the 14 year old freshman until September, 2012.

They had sex in the ensuing months.

There was NEVER a time in that relationship when Kaitlin was under 18.
    Have we got a concrete source for that? As you can see, I didn't make it up. You would think that there would be something more reliable than the sort of conversational style in these articles. However, as I understand the law, it doesn't really matter. The Romeo And Juliet Law addresses such relationships.

Florida has a "Romeo and Juliet" law that could spare Kaitlyn from being labeled a sex offender for the rest of her life if she is convicted.

"The law as I see it is set up for protection of kids that are in that age bracket," said Kelly Hunt-Smith, the alleged offender's mother.
    The "Romeo and Juliet" law has certain criteria that must be met in order to be applied.
    The victim must be at least 14-years-old, have consented to a relationship and the accused can be no more than four years older than their alleged victim.

The latest Statistic shows 241 petitions under the "Romeo and Juliet" law have been granted. Of those granted, four have come from along the Treasure Coast.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...#ixzz2hSttVrMK

During her senior year at Sebastian River High School, Hunt, then 17, dated a 14-year-old schoolmate. But when Hunt turned 18, their sexual relationship, even if consensual, became illegal.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/09...ads-not-guilty

"The two girls began dating while Kaitlyn was 17 but her girlfriend’s parents blamed Kailtyn for their daughter’s homosexuality. They waited until after Kaitlyn turned 18 and went to the police to have charges brought against her."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/Kai...#ixzz2hSsqzDES

Have we got a concrete source for that?
    YES. The arrest report at the NY Times link I gave in my post. Since you ignored the link (like you usually do), here is an image from the police report:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...vit.html?_r=1&

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    YES. The arrest report at the NY Times link I gave in my post. Since you ignored the link (like you usually do), here is an image from the police report:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...vit.html?_r=1&
    That doesn't really answer when they began having a relationship, but as I said it doesn't really matter in this case. The were both students at the same high school, it was consensual, so it's statutory rape with the Romeo and Juliet limitation. What she ended up convicted of is "The new deal calls for Hunt to plead no contest to battery, interference with child custody and contributing to the dependency of a child.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kaitlyn-hunt-plead-teen-sex-case-article-1.1475135#ixzz2hTCgq8Sn"