Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 100
  1. #51  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Hey Elpeth, How is it that you come across all this stuff you think is damning to gay people? I sign on every day and the only place I see most of this stuff is here under your name. What is your problem?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #52  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    just saw this:


    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10...gay-mat/196229

    Debunking Stephen Jimenez's Effort To De-Gay Matthew Shepard's Murder
    The alleged debunking is not really debunking. Media Matters has not really addressed, researched or disproved his allegations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #53  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The alleged debunking is not really debunking. Media Matters has not really addressed, researched or disproved his allegations.
    I can't prove that I didn't have sex with Aaron McKinney either. Neither can you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #54  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The alleged debunking is not really debunking. Media Matters has not really addressed, researched or disproved his allegations.
    Hey Elpeth, How is it that you come across all this stuff you think is damning to gay people? I sign on every day and the only place I see most of this stuff is here under your name. What is your problem?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #55  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I can't prove that I didn't have sex with Aaron McKinney either. Neither can you.
    Media Matters is using old inaccurate information about the case to "debunk" new information uncovered by a journalist. I would have more respect for them if they actually did their homework, followed Jiminez' footsteps, and talked to the witnesses themselves.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #56  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Then you aren't really thinking that out. The media portrayed Trayvon as a typical victim of white on black violence and proof that it happens enough to justify a continuation of the construct in social discourse. We know that is false. We know that statistically blacks are much more likely to attack whites.

    How many links can you find to gay on straight violence? How many cases of a gay guy claiming he beat some woman's head in because she came on to him? How often does the FBI bean counter say that straight people are attacked for being straight?


    Staight on gay violence will always create major media attraction. The problem with Matthew Shepard's murder is we know the media was wrong. You claim that does not matter if the real facts were omitted, as it brought attention to the "fake but accurate" epidemic of straight on gay violence.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #57  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    just saw this:


    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10...gay-mat/196229

    Debunking Stephen Jimenez's Effort To De-Gay Matthew Shepard's Murder


    ........

    Anonymous or simply unreliable sources are at the heart of Jimenez's effort to de-gay Shepard's murder. An anonymous "Wyoming law enforcement official" told him that "Shepard's murder had nothing to do with his sexual preferences." Jimenez doesn't elaborate on the extent of this official's involvement with the case, but he assures readers that the official's claim was "an assertion I would come to hear often during interviews." Among the others repeating that assertion was Glenn Duncan, a disbarred attorney who lost his law license after allegations of misusing clients' funds. Duncan agreed to an interview with Jimenez on the condition "that someone in the media finally tells the truth about Shepard's murder."

    In fact, Jimenez relates, "[t]he more time I spent in Laramie ... the more frequently I heard rumors of a cover-up around the murder." While unfounded gossip is hardly unheard of in the aftermath of a horrific crime, Jimenez is seemingly convinced that these rumormongers are on to something.

    The "hidden truths" Jimenez claims to uncover are that McKinney and Shepard were regular methamphetamine users deeply implicated in the drug trade, and that, contrary to what McKinney (the principal attacker), Henderson, prosecutors, and Shepard's friends and family have always said, the two men actually knew each other before the night of the attack. What's more, Jimenez says, the two had had sex before - suggesting that homophobia couldn't possibly have been a factor in Shepard's murder.

    The principal source for the latter claim is Thomas "Doc" O'Connor, a Laramie chauffeur and operator of the Lincoln Escort Service. O'Connor told Jimenez that one night, McKinney and two other men were fooling around in the back seat of his limousine, and that "Matt may have been one of the guys in back [of the limo] with Aaron. ... I can't say for sure."

    McKinney has denied that he's bisexual and there's no evidence that establishes a link - sexual or not - between him and Shepard prior to the night he and Henderson left a Laramie bar with him and savagely beat him in an open field. Still, Jimenez persists in his claim. "Ten different sources," Jimenez writes, "have acknowledged that they were in the company of both men together, or that they learned from Matthew himself about his relationship with Aaron." Considering that his sources were primarily anonymous and struggling with meth addictions, it's unclear why Jimenez considers them credible - particularly when both the killers and the victim's close circle emphatically deny any connection between the two.

    ..........
    Media Matters? Was Pravda's site down for repair?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Staight on gay violence will always create major media attraction. The problem with Matthew Shepard's murder is we know the media was wrong. You claim that does not matter if the real facts were omitted, as it brought attention to the "fake but accurate" epidemic of straight on gay violence.
    It all comes down to the narrative being put ahead of the truth. Note that Nova's argument s boil down to attacks on the messenger, claims that the story was believed to be true at the time (without pointing out that this was because those who knew the truth suppressed it), reports from highly unreliable sources and repetition of the original, and false, meme. He avoids the facts because they undermine the narrative. Matthew Shepard was a gay version of Trayvon Martin, except in this case, the Skittles was Crystal Meth.

    Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #58  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Media Matters? Was Pravda's site down for repair?
    The greater question is why when Elspeth is busy searching the internet for stupid shit that she thinks is a gotcha, she never seems to come across the articles that debunk the ones she likes. You are a much simpler case to understand.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #59  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The greater question is why when Elspeth is busy searching the internet for stupid shit that she thinks is a gotcha, she never seems to come across the articles that debunk the ones she likes. You are a much simpler case to understand.
    Do you honestly not notice that they mop the floor with you every time you get in one of these discussion? That is stupid at a whole new level, you are like a well of stupid drilled in a new way and the casing breaks, no one can stop the stupid, it flows at never before seen levels and soon everything is dripping with endless pools of stupid OMG!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #60  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Do you honestly not notice that they mop the floor with you...
    I don't find it at all surprising that you would say that. It does not, however, address the issue with Elspeth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •