Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

It all comes down to the narrative being put ahead of the truth. Note that Nova's argument s boil down to attacks on the messenger, claims that the story was believed to be true at the time (without pointing out that this was because those who knew the truth suppressed it), reports from highly unreliable sources and repetition of the original, and false, meme. He avoids the facts because they undermine the narrative. Matthew Shepard was a gay version of Trayvon Martin, except in this case, the Skittles was Crystal Meth.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    I agree.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't find it at all surprising that you would say that. It does not, however, address the issue with Elspeth.

Ahhh, so now you're going to try and bully her. Ok.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The greater question is why when Elspeth is busy searching the internet for stupid shit that she thinks is a gotcha, she never seems to come across the articles that debunk the ones she likes. You are a much simpler case to understand.
    No, the greater question is why you cannot find any reasonably authorative source to refute items that you consider stupid. You haven't disproved any of her positions, your sole source for a rebuttal is a leftwing propaganda site run by a gay activist and yet she's wrong for raising the issue in the first place? And, you throw in a cheap shot at me, as well. Nice. Desperate, obvious and utterly futile, but nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Ahhh, so now you're going to try and bully her. Ok.
    He can't refute the argument, so he goes for the personal shots. Typical Nova.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I don't find it at all surprising that you would say that. It does not, however, address the issue with Elspeth.
    The only issue with Elspeth is the one you have when she wipes the floor with you in a thread and you can't take it.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, the greater question is why you cannot find any reasonably authorative source to refute items that you consider stupid.
    You mean as opposed to religious whackjob organizations which sponsor most of the BS that Elspeth adores? I notice you dismissed the debunk of the "children of gay parents" study as being from a biased website. You never mentioned the person who wrote the article Elspeth brought here, the fact that person whose research he corrupted had denounced him. The simple fact is that all of your BS is generated by the same people whose inexplicable objective appears to be to keep idiots like Elspeth and you believing that gay people are some kind of national boogeyman.

People like Elspeth haven't changed a bit since they were cutting and pasting articles by Paul Cameron, Scott Lively, and that uberdouche Peter Labarbera.

Poor things, one should have pity on you but you make it so difficult to even see you as the damaged people you are rather than the malevolent people you are. I know nothing about Elspeth. For all I know she's a snake handler in West Virginia with a sixth grade education who sincerely believes that Judgement Day is upon us. You, on the other hand, are an educated man from an ethnic group known for enlightenment; you have no excuse.

Just some background on Stephen Jiminez, the author of the book in question:

ABOUT STEPHEN JIMENEZ: Stephen Jimenez is an Award-Winning Journalist, Writer and Producer. He is a 2012 Norman Mailer Nonfiction Fellow and has written and produced programs for ABC News 20/20, Dan Rather Reports, Nova, Fox, Court TV and others. His accolades include the Writers Guild of America Award, the Mongerson Award for Investigative Reporting (Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism), an Emmy, and several fellowships at the Ucross Foundation in Wyoming. A graduate of Georgetown University, he has taught screenwriting at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and other colleges. Mr. Jimenez lives in Brooklyn, New York and Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Jimenez spent 13 years researching the Matthew Shepard case.

You mean as opposed to religious whackjob organizations which sponsor most of the BS that Elspeth adores? I notice you dismissed the debunk of the "children of gay parents" study as being from a biased website. You never mentioned the person who wrote the article Elspeth brought here, the fact that person whose research he corrupted had denounced him. The simple fact is that all of your BS is generated by the same people whose inexplicable objective appears to be to keep idiots like Elspeth and you believing that gay people are some kind of national boogeyman.

People like Elspeth haven't changed a bit since they were cutting and pasting articles by Paul Cameron, Scott Lively, and that uberdouche Peter Labarbera.

Poor things, one should have pity on you but you make it so difficult to even see you as the damaged people you are rather than the malevolent people you are. I know nothing about Elspeth. For all I know she's a snake handler in West Virginia with a sixth grade education who sincerely believes that Judgement Day is upon us. You, on the other hand, are an educated man from an ethnic group known for enlightenment; you have no excuse.

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fixed for accuracy.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Breitbart did an unusually well detailed article on the lame attempt by Media Matters.

It's a long article, but here are some snippets:

......The Media Matters piece tries to give the impression of a hard-hitting review when, in fact, all the author does is cherry pick parts of the book, wrench them out of context and dismiss them with catty putdowns. Media Matters hopes that no one actually reads the book. Comparing this review to the book makes you wonder whether Brinker actually read it. Let me give you examples....

....Media Matters clings faithfully to the charge that this was a hate crime when, in fact, McKinney’s girlfriend Kirsten Price asserts they cooked the whole thing up the night of the murder. "I don't think it was a hate crime at all," she told ABC News. "I never did." The hate crime claim also was asserted by two of Shepard’s friends, Alex Trout and Walt Boulden, who "began spreading the word," according to that same ABC report.

Each of them had a reason to promote this theory: Matt’s friends in order to advance the myth, and Aaron in order to save himself without getting clipped by his drug masters.

McKinney and Shepard, the book alleges, were both drug mules who would use to Doc O'Connor's limos to make meth runs between Denver and Laramie with a stop over in Fort Collins. On a meth bender for several days prior to the killing, McKinney was coming down and desperately needed money and more meth—both of which he thought Shepard possessed. Shepard was supposed to do a Denver run that night, but he ended up not going. If McKinney testified to the drug angle, he put himself in danger from his drug bosses in Denver. They would have killed him in prison....

The entire review on Breitbart is long but worth the read. The author is extremely detailed.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Breitbart did an unusually well detailed article on the lame attempt by Media Matters.

It's a long article, but here are some snippets:

......The Media Matters piece tries to give the impression of a hard-hitting review when, in fact, all the author does is cherry pick parts of the book, wrench them out of context and dismiss them with catty putdowns. Media Matters hopes that no one actually reads the book. Comparing this review to the book makes you wonder whether Brinker actually read it. Let me give you examples....

....Media Matters clings faithfully to the charge that this was a hate crime when, in fact, McKinney’s girlfriend Kirsten Price asserts they cooked the whole thing up the night of the murder. "I don't think it was a hate crime at all," she told ABC News. "I never did." The hate crime claim also was asserted by two of Shepard’s friends, Alex Trout and Walt Boulden, who "began spreading the word," according to that same ABC report.

Each of them had a reason to promote this theory: Matt’s friends in order to advance the myth, and Aaron in order to save himself without getting clipped by his drug masters.

McKinney and Shepard, the book alleges, were both drug mules who would use to Doc O'Connor's limos to make meth runs between Denver and Laramie with a stop over in Fort Collins. On a meth bender for several days prior to the killing, McKinney was coming down and desperately needed money and more meth—both of which he thought Shepard possessed. Shepard was supposed to do a Denver run that night, but he ended up not going. If McKinney testified to the drug angle, he put himself in danger from his drug bosses in Denver. They would have killed him in prison....

The entire review on Breitbart is long but worth the read. The author is extremely detailed.
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09...ist-aus/196033

Ruse's shameless animus toward LGBT people would seem to discredit him as a commentator on LGBT issues. But even in the face of brutal assaults on LGBT rights in Russia and the continued problem of hate crimes in the U.S., Breitbart.com is all too willing to provide a soapbox to an unapologetic bigot.