Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Ya and they are about to be moved out of NJ or were close to lol
    Know what they were right before becoming the Devls?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Know what they were right before becoming the Devls?
    No idea
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No idea
    Colorado Rockies:

This is former Flyer Doug Favell, the goalie who once forced the Flyers to trade Bernie Parent then in a twist of irony he was traded for the rights to Bernie. The result was futility for Favell and 2 Stanley Cups for the Flyers.

Baseball and football are, and always will be, America's sports. They are for folks who think, analyze, and strategize. They require study.

The rest are for folks who are just entertained with constant motion and noise.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Baseball and football are, and always will be, America's sports. They are for folks who think, analyze, and strategize. They require study.

As someone who has played what some consider all 4 major sports I can attest that hockey is the most demanding. Any idiot can play baseball or more specifically, softball. And if you don't think there is strategy to hockey then I don't know what else to tell you. Ever map out a power play? Or a pick and roll in basketball? It's not as easy as it sounds. And baseball is the only sport where it's players can smoke and get away with it. But to belittle any hockey and basketball just goes to show what kind of person you are. Oh, and there isn't much "thinking" when it comes to baseball.

As someone who has played what some consider all 4 major sports I can attest that hockey is the most demanding.
    For you perhaps. But what about boxing?

Any idiot can play baseball or more specifically, softball. And if you don't think there is strategy to hockey then I don't know what else to tell you. Ever map out a power play? Or a pick and roll in basketball? It's not as easy as it sounds.
    Continuous action sports like hockey, basketball, soccer, etc. are games where tactics become strategy. Sorta like tennis; back and forth, back and forth, and so on.

And baseball is the only sport where it's players can smoke and get away with it. But to belittle any hockey and basketball just goes to show what kind of person you are.
    I'm not "belittling" hockey or basketball. Certainly they require skill and athletic ability like any sport. But what I'm saying is that sports like football and baseball require more strategic planning.

Oh, and there isn't much "thinking" when it comes to baseball.
    Oh, you are so mistaken. Hockey, basketball, and the other continuous action sports are reaction oriented, and stress the individual player over the team. Football and baseball are much more team oriented.

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

I'm not "belittling" hockey or basketball. Certainly they require skill and athletic ability like any sport. But what I'm saying is that sports like football and baseball require more strategic planning.
    Then by your definition chess is a superior game.

Then by your definition chess is a superior game.
    Well,........yes, when you compare it to checkers or Chinese marbles.

Well,........yes, when you compare it to checkers or Chinese marbles.
    Your criteria was strategy. Now you're changing the perimeters of the debate.

Oh, and if this isn't belittling hockey and basketball, I don't know what is:
    If you weren't belittling the sports, you were taking a cheap shot at their fans. In short, you're acting like an elitist.