Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't care about whose you know what is bigger, and I'm sorry, but that's ALL this ridiculous fight in Washington DC is about.
    You keep mentioning this. What are you referring to? The size of government?

They're about to cut off Wic checks this month. I'm concerned for parents who need that for their baby's formula. I'm thinking a lot of you all don't care, but I think you should know just how disgusted I am for ANYBODY who is for this shutdown for any reason.

So you are upset due to something that has not happened? Name one person who has not received a WIC check. Are you expecting one? Does the media have you running scared over a $20 can of formula? I thought breast milk was still free?

Have you considered the possibility that perhaps the country *wants* to go into a different direction?
    It does...just not in the direction Obama and the Libs are trying to take us.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It does...just not in the direction Obama and the Libs are trying to take us.
    Then, why do they keep voting for it? I suppose most are like me and don't agree with either side, but they had to pick a "lesser" of the two evils and they keep picking Obama.

Rob, I'll tell you later. Can't do it now. lol.

Fracking republicans are folding worse than I originally thought they would, it sucks when you don't have a say in your own damn country and neither party stands for what you believe in anymore.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Fracking republicans are folding worse than I originally thought they would, it sucks when you don't have a say in your own damn country and neither party stands for what you believe in anymore.
    Did you honestly think they wouldn't fold like a Chinese laundry?

From Tapatalk
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    So you are upset due to something that has not happened? Name one person who has not received a WIC check. Are you expecting one? Does the media have you running scared over a $20 can of formula? I thought breast milk was still free?
    Didn't see this earlier.

First of all, breast milk only works if one isn't dried up. You know I don't have a baby, so I'm not worried for myself.

WIC checks are due to not be given at the end of the month in my state if this continues, same for some others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4073146.html

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Tuesday it would stop issuing vouchers for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children because of the federal government shutdown.

The department said 80 percent of the state's WIC clients had already received their benefits and could redeem them at stores for the rest of the month. But Combs and her baby are among the 50,000 or so who hadn't picked up their vouchers yet. Combs missed the press release.

"I got no actual notification from anyone," the 21-year-old nursing student said in an interview. Combs has two cans of formula in the cupboard and had planned to pick up WIC vouchers for seven more cans next month. She said she and her husband, who works full time for a builder supply company, will eat more Ramen noodles or reach out to a private charity for help if the shutdown continues.
    There goes your stereotypes. She's not lazy. She's a nursing student. She didn't choose not to be married. She has a husband. Last, she is going to miss out on the voucher now because she didn't hear about it in time. The video above this article says that food pantries are hit hard due to this.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...dnesday/nbJrC/

"They receive milk, juice, cheese and eggs and whole-grain cereals," said Dr. Wina Nevling, Iredell County WIC director.

Nevling said those are just some of the items that can be bought with food vouchers through the supplemental nutrition program known as WIC.

Nevling had to turn people away Wednesday because the government shutdown means no more federal funding for North Carolina.

"I feel terrible. It's not our problem and we want to serve our clients, and there's a void when this service is not provided," Nevling said.

North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services officials said that about 80 percent of those eligible have already been given benefits for this month. They will be OK for now as there's enough money to cover those vouchers. There's no money to issue more vouchers because of the federal government shutdown, according to the state.
    So, people are now being turned down and at least twenty percent of people in this county did not receive benefits yet this month.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/10/...vastating.html

Stefanie Rayfield, 27, receives WIC to help pay for formula for a baby with severe acid reflux. The special formula costs $28 a can in a store. She gets WIC for a dozen cans a month. If she had to buy formula, that’s $336 a month.
    That entire article was enough to make me want to say some really nasty stuff. The idea that feeding babies, but that giving congressmen who don't work a paycheck is makes me want to throw up.

You know what? A lot of rich people get it from where most of our politicians and some people here don't.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...-lion-step-up/

As a nod to its North Carolina base, Food Lion made a $500,000 donation to seven regional food banks across the state to support those who need food assistance to feed their families. The donation, consisting of gift cards, was targeted to food banks stretching from the west to the east in the state – and divided based on geography and number of counties in each region.
    In Florida:

http://www.mytvjax.com/content/topst...qf6QZFRLg.cspx

"I'm just glad Clara White Mission is a safety net. Our food pantry is almost bare," said Clara White Mission CEO Ju'Coby Pittman.

The shutdown has Clara White Mission Pittman bracing for a boost, which she said isn't a good thing. She fears furloughs will send more her way -- people like Barbara Goodman, a veteran, who never dreamed they'd need the help.

"It hits home," said Goodman as tears streamed down her face.

Despite the government shutdown, it's business as usual Monday at Synovus Bank on the Southside. The workers are getting ready to celebrate their 125th anniversary.

But Executive Vice President Scott Preston said woes in Washington left them with a heavy heart. He said they decided to forgo festivities and instead help furloughed families by donating to Clara White.
    I'm sure there are others. This is bad.

As for what I was talking about earlier, Rob. They are measuring the size of their dicks in DC. That's all this argument is about. It's not about helping the country.

Huffington Post? Really? Couldn't find an article to quote on Al Jazeera?

Stefanie Rayfield, 27, receives WIC to help pay for formula for a baby with severe acid reflux. The special formula costs $28 a can in a store. She gets WIC for a dozen cans a month. If she had to buy formula, that’s $336 a month.
    Then maybe Stephanie should have waited until she was more financially secure before having a child.

There's no money to issue more vouchers because of the federal government shutdown, according to the state.
    Far be it for a government to give something out with no money to back it up. This is liberal/leftist demagoguery at it's worst. All of a sudden these government are worried they don't have the money? Horse feathers.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 10-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"I got no actual notification from anyone," the 21-year-old nursing student said in an interview. Combs has two cans of formula in the cupboard and had planned to pick up WIC vouchers for seven more cans next month. She said she and her husband, who works full time for a builder supply company, will eat more Ramen noodles or reach out to a private charity for help if the shutdown continues.
    Oh cry me a fucking river. My wife and I subsisted on ramen noodles and tuna sandwiches for nearly a year when we were starting out in Arizona. Typical of today's society. Everyone is owned something. No wonder this country is going into the shitter.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oh cry me a fucking river. My wife and I subsisted on ramen noodles and tuna sandwiches for nearly a year when we were starting out in Arizona. Typical of today's society. Everyone is owned something. No wonder this country is going into the shitter.
    Eat Ramon noodles or get the help from a private charity. IOW, Ramon noodles may not do the trick. BTW, Ramon noodles may keep one alive, but it's not healthy to live on. I do agree that some people may not have their priorities straight. I'd be for some reforms to better weed those people out, but not getting rid of the program all together.

Guys, I said some harsh things this week about people who support the shut down. I still think the shutdown itself is a really bad thing to do and I do think it hurts people. It wasn't my right to judge people themselves who were for the shutdown for one reason or the other. I'm sorry for judging people this past week.