Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama to Meet With House Republicans at the White House 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    President Obama will meet with House Republicans at the White House Thursday in an attempt to end the government shutdown and come to some kind of agreement on the looming debt ceiling. House Speaker John Boehner is bring 18 House Republicans with him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...tdown/2950557/

"The president thought it was important to talk directly with the members who forced this economic crisis on the country about how the shutdown and a failure to pay the country's bills could devastate the economy," Carney said.

Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said that "nine days into a government shutdown and a week away from breaching the debt ceiling, a meeting is only worthwhile if it is focused on finding a solution -- that's why the House Republican Conference will instead be represented by a smaller group of negotiators, including the elected leadership and certain committee chairmen."
    I think it's safe to say nothing will come from it, more likely oBumble will just repeat what he's been saying. "No negotiations till I get my way". Then run out before the willing press to blame no progress on the GOP for being stubborn and continuing to "Hold us hostage".

But for him to finally start sitting down and talking shows he is getting a little nervous that we might not give in as he expected.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    But for him to finally start sitting down and talking shows he is getting a little nervous that we might not give in as he expected.
    I think it is just the opposite; Republicans assumed he would cave like he did in the past. They appear to have miscalculated (assuming the you don't consider the negotiated CR spending levels a cave on Obama's part .... some do).

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I think it is just the opposite; Republicans assumed he would cave like he did in the past. They appear to have miscalculated (assuming the you don't consider the negotiated CR spending levels a cave on Obama's part .... some do).
    AD, I think the only people POTUS is currently making happy are his fan base on DU and the kos kids.
    I'm sorry, but his actions to date on this are of a spoiled child that is pissed he isn't getting his way. He
    has painted himself into a corner now. If the Repubs cave in now, bad on us.

And this shutdown crap is NOT what I would expect of Leadership. Your party is acting just
    like bunch of spoiled brats and they are taking their lead from POTUS.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    AD, I think the only people POTUS is currently making happy are his fan base on DU and the kos kids.
    I would agree that few are happy with the president at the moment but the same can be said of the Republican House. Probably more so on their side.

I'm sorry, but his actions to date on this are of a spoiled child that is pissed he isn't getting his way. He
    has painted himself into a corner now. If the Repubs cave in now, bad on us.
    Funding the government is a pretty low bar for "getting his way." I know there are some who want a shutdown and a default but I think that is a minority opinion.

And this shutdown crap is NOT what I would expect of Leadership. Your party is acting just
    like bunch of spoiled brats and they are taking their lead from POTUS.
    I think Reid is calling more shots on this than the president. I think the Democrats in the Legislative Branch are less than happy with how many times the president has capitulated. And with McConnell looking over his shoulder at a primary challenger, he is unable to broker any deals with Biden.

Exactly when has Obama ever caved on anything in domestic politics (as opposed to foreign policy, where he's an open pit)?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

AD, you know what your side wants???

They want "free" shit for everyone. Free food, free water, free health care, free condos in Boca.
    Don't even try and deny it, if Pelosi and Reid thought they could get away with this
    they would do it tomorrow.

They want no voter ID. But ID for ObamaCare is cool. They want illegal aliens to be able to get in this
    country 123 and vote. Dem of course.

They see this as their time for a monster power grab because they know the more free shit they give the
    people the more they will want and these social programs are never taken away.

And the biggest, they want to tax the living shit out of anyone with $$$. And when that isn't enough they
    will come for their own and say we have to continue to be "fair". Except for them of course...

The Republicans are by no means perfect but your current party's leadership is poison to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    AD, you know what your side wants???

They want "free" shit for everyone. Free food, free water, free health care, free condos in Boca.
    Don't even try and deny it, if Pelosi and Reid thought they could get away with this
    they would do it tomorrow.

They want no voter ID. But ID for ObamaCare is cool. They want illegal aliens to be able to get in this
    country 123 and vote. Dem of course.

They see this as their time for a monster power grab because they know the more free shit they give the
    people the more they will want and these social programs are never taken away.

And the biggest, they want to tax the living shit out of anyone with $$$. And when that isn't enough they
    will come for their own and say we have to continue to be "fair". Except for them of course...

The Republicans are by no means perfect but your current party's leadership is poison to this country.

If I'm getting a condo, I want it in Colorado, not Florida.

Only if a Dem "Committee" approves it.

What makes you think that? From what I understand the political backlash is his to own. Didn't his numbers just take another dive this week?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    I want mine here in Virginia.... an increasingly blue state. Cuccinelli seems to be losing ground fast. We'll see.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken