Thread: We're seeing lots of nonsense ACA stories posted without the facts needed to evaluate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Ah, I'm single with no kids. That is likely the diff.
    Probably, it's like the set all these determinations up based on the tax brackets or something...

The more and more I see of this thing, the more and more I'm thankful I'll never have to deal with this atrocity.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:46 PM
    stevenleser

We're seeing lots of nonsense ACA stories posted without the facts needed to evaluate them

I just went to http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/ and estimated what a single person at 40 years old living in Florida, a state that opted out of the Medicaid increase, earning $12,000 a year would pay for a silver plan. Do you know what that person's premium is?

$12 a month for a silver plan.

We're hearing all of this nonsense from people about suffering under the ACA. Here is what we need or its bullshit.

1. The state you live in

2. Your age

3. Your income

4. Size of your family including how many kids 20 and younger

5. Your SSN

6. Your bank account numbers, complete with passwords and routing codes

7. Your password reset keys

8. Your voting history

9. Any other information that we'd need to access your information, simply for proof of identity, not theft or anything, because this is the most ethical, transparent administration in history. No, really. I'm serious. Stop laughing, you ignorant, racist, Teabagging trash!

If you don't provide that, none of what you said means anything.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    What about the age, income, etc. of people who buy their own insurance and have seen their rates jacked into the stratosphere by Obamacare?
    How about the age, income, etc. of the OP who made the bogus claims in the first place?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!