Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You're kidding yourself. You haven't had any financial privacy for a lot longer than Obama has been on your radar. When I worked for megabank we had access to just about everything there is to know about you.
    I have a friend who seems to be a bit similar to you. Sometimes when I talk to her, Im actually talking to her thru other people who are present. When she asks me ... why am I talking to others, when Im actually addressing her, I tell her... its no different if I talk to this person or that person or the wall over there. It all has the same effect as talking to her. Nothing seems to 'penetrate' or register with her. Its really fascinating sometimes.

Earthly minds, like mud-walls, resist the strongest batteries: And though perhaps sometimes the force of a clear argument may make some impression, yet they nevertheless stand firm, and keep out the enemy truth, that would captivate or disturb them.

Locke, John (1632-1704)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    You mean like denying coverage for pre-existing conditions or raising your premiums to get rid of you? Let me know when people get divorced because they need to shield the earner and the children from being impoverished by a condition afflicting one of the parents.
    You mean like denying treatment for cancer like the Gov. is doing right now?

For every week that the government shutdown continues, 10 children with cancer will not be able to begin their clinical trials, officials told ABCNews.com.
    House GOP passed a funding bill that would help those kids, Reid said "Why would we do that?" Obama promised to veto it. But we all know the Gov. always do whats best for those who need help.

Hazel Fenton, from East Sussex, is alive nine months after medics ruled she had only days to live, withdrew her antibiotics, and denied her artificial feeding. The former school matron had been placed on a controversial care plan intended to ease the last days of dying patients.

Doctors say Fenton is an example of patients who have been condemned to death on the Liverpool care pathway plan. They argue that while it is suitable for patients who do have only days to live, it is being used more widely in the NHS, denying treatment to elderly patients who are not dying.
    We are after all basing our system on UK's. Lets do what they do there.

"A grandfather who beat cancer was wrongly told the disease had returned and left to die at a hospice which pioneered a controversial 'death pathway.' Doctors said there was nothing more they could do for 76-year- old Jack Jones, and his family claim he was denied food, water, and medication except painkillers. He died within two weeks. But tests after his death found that his cancer had not come back and he was in fact suffering from pneumonia brought on by a chest infection."
    But again, a Gov. run healthcare system would never do any of this.

"At around 4am on Monday, a friend of mine was woken by a call from the private care home in south-west London where her 98-year-old grandmother is resident.... 'She needs to go to hospital. Do you want that? Or would you prefer that we make her comfortable?' Befuddled by sleep, she didn't immediately grasp what was being asked of her.... Then, the chilling implication of the phone call filtered through-she was being asked whether her grandmother should be allowed to die.... My friend is reeling.... Had she really been asked to pronounce a possible death sentence on her grandmother, a woman with no underlying ailment other than old age?"
    As we all know the Gov. would never be so callous.

Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday. Sarah Capewell begged them to save her tiny son, who was born just 21 weeks and five days into her pregnancy-almost four months early. They ignored her pleas and allegedly told her they were following national guidelines that babies born before 22 weeks should not be given medical treatment. Miss Capewell, 23, said doctors refused to even see her son Jayden, who lived for almost two hours without any medical support.

She was shocked to discover that another child, born in the US at 21 weeks and six days into her mother's pregnancy, had survived. Amillia Taylor was born in Florida in 2006 and celebrated her second birthday last October. She is the youngest premature baby to survive.
    And we all know that when politicians who have NO medical experience who are writing our medical guidelines will always know whats best.

Oh, and it could NEVER happen here?

Even from Howard Dean(D)

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You mean like denying treatment for cancer like the Gov. is doing right now?
    Theater.

Fabulous Poster
    We are after all basing our system on UK's. Lets do what they do there.
    Britain has an NHS system. Has anyone of note proposed an NHS system for the US?

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Britain has an NHS system. Has anyone of note proposed an NHS system for the US?
    You did!

The National Health Service (NHS) is the publicly funded healthcare system of The United Kingdom. It is the largest and the oldest single-payer healthcare system in the world.
    You want a single payer healthcare system, what do you think the NHS is?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Theater.
    Wow, you really are that thick, aren't you. It's fact, not theater you fucktard.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If a national healthcare system were in full effect now during the government shut down Obama would find the weakest , sickest, most vulnerable people in the system and subject them to as much torment as he could to further his political cause.
    Why is it such a good idea to make a people this vulnerable to the whims of a government?
    I can't think of any government in history I would trust with this, I cannot understand why a gay man would want to subject his body to full control by political operatives within a government that has the potential to change every 4 years.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    You did!

You want a single payer healthcare system, what do you think the NHS is?
    When I say "single payer" I mean Medicare For All. When I say NHS, I mean a system where the government owns the hospitals and employs they healthcare personnel. Apparently these terms aren't as distinct as I would like them to be. From now on I will say, Medicare For All as opposed to British NHS.

The problem with using Medicare For All is that there is an organization by that name and I sincerely doubt that we agree on the details of how that should work. What is your suggestion for a term that won't be confusing?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If a national healthcare system were in full effect now during the government shut down Obama would find the weakest , sickest, most vulnerable people in the system and subject them to as much torment as he could to further his political cause.
    Why is it such a good idea to make a people this vulnerable to the whims of a government?
    I can't think of any government in history I would trust with this, I cannot understand why a gay man would want to subject his body to full control by political operatives within a government that has the potential to change every 4 years.
    Those people are already on Medicaid and Medicare or dying quietly with no treatment.

Those people are already on Medicaid and Medicare or dying quietly with no treatment.
    Bullshit!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg